Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Registered a couple of years ago and back on more seriously now, hello to all. Current rides are both Kawasaki.......79 KZ 650(dead scraped off Craig's and will live again) and a 77 KZ 1000 Ltd. This has a Rickman style fairing that was poorly mounted and created havoc with carbs so off it comes no matter how good it looks. I think I will keep this bike as is and build another wilder ride also based on a KZ 1000, photos of that when it starts (in the parts and money collecting phase right now)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Welcome in! Nice looking Kz1000B and Kz650C. So you plan on picking up a third Kz to transform? I have several Kz's myself. If you need parts I may have something.

Later, Doug

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Nice rides! Where about in washington are you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys, I am on Bainbridge Island just a ferry ride from Seattle. Not looking to pick up another bike for the buildup, I have a beaten up frame with title and OK neck which I would like to use as a base for a completely new frame (we'll see if that works out) which I will try to design on a 3-D program called Rhino. Going to use that to teach myself the program. Have a Mk2 motor that blew the top end but which has a good bottom end so I will need a head which will eventually be ported/flowed to match a 1200cc upgrade. Got a 04 750GSXR swingarm, wheels, swingarm, brakes and USD forks off a 97 YZF750R, another set of USDs probably from a GSXR. My ideal would be standrard cartridge forks for the more classic look. My aim is to build a fast, stockish looking long-distance super cruiser. For the moment I am really enjoying seeing some pretty wild things being built on this site.

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Sweet, I'm just down the road across the river from longveiw, Wa

Reactions: Bluezbike
1 - 5 of 5 Posts