Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have a 95 fzr600 that i traded a dirt bike for. i am working on redoing it. Thanks to sites like this one that were very helpful to me. So far i'v put a 2006 r6 tail and seats. 99 yzf600r tank. 2002 gsxr front forks. 1 1/8 fatbars. streetfighter face. 93 gsx750 rear tire and rear brake.

With the 99 tank the stock air box will not fit. so i had to use pod filters. as far as the tail its a Job. I cut the tail off and started over in order to make it all work. it took me all weekend. The o2 gsxr forks work but u have to use the old FZR stem. i pressed it apart. Now the fzr stem is just little smaller then the gsxe stem. so i cut a coke can and put it about half way around it it and then pressed it back it. it worked GREAT.

Right now i have the bike took apart to have it powder coated. Il post some pics. any ideas
or questions WELCOME.

thanks. I'l post some a update soon.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcom in mate ,is tha lower trip steel?If so did ya tack weld inna couple of spots when ya did that stemm swap with tha 'coke can spacer sleeve?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NO i did not weld it. because i used the gsxr triple trees and there are aluminum. and the fzr stem is steal. its really fit pretty good but u could slide it by hand. so i just used a small piece of coke can. and pressed it back in. I have a pic of the stems il post it. i also have pics if everything iv done so far. thanks joel

·
?????????????
5,471 Posts
Welcome to CF, Coke can spacer sounds very suspect and I wouldn't trust that at all mate.
best best for stems that have a tiny amount of play in them is to get them Knurled and pressed back in, I've done this and it works a treat

·
SHOWUSYATITS
5,378 Posts
Welcome mate. Looking good, but yeah coke can sleeve is kinda dodgy bud. Wouldn't take much for it to wear...

Reactions: Fizzer_Fighter

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Welcome to CF.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes it is. it was on it the bike when i go it. it sounds really cool though. it has a deep mean growl. but its prolly gonna go because it looks kinda stupid!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts