Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Hi im Joel. I have a fzr600 fighter

4K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  whitey818 
#1 ·
Well i have a 95 fzr600 that i traded a dirt bike for. i am working on redoing it. Thanks to sites like this one that were very helpful to me. So far i'v put a 2006 r6 tail and seats. 99 yzf600r tank. 2002 gsxr front forks. 1 1/8 fatbars. streetfighter face. 93 gsx750 rear tire and rear brake.

With the 99 tank the stock air box will not fit. so i had to use pod filters. as far as the tail its a Job. I cut the tail off and started over in order to make it all work. it took me all weekend. The o2 gsxr forks work but u have to use the old FZR stem. i pressed it apart. Now the fzr stem is just little smaller then the gsxe stem. so i cut a coke can and put it about half way around it it and then pressed it back it. it worked GREAT.

Right now i have the bike took apart to have it powder coated. Il post some pics. any ideas
or questions WELCOME.

thanks. I'l post some a update soon.

See less See more
#7 ·
NO i did not weld it. because i used the gsxr triple trees and there are aluminum. and the fzr stem is steal. its really fit pretty good but u could slide it by hand. so i just used a small piece of coke can. and pressed it back in. I have a pic of the stems il post it. i also have pics if everything iv done so far. thanks joel

#9 ·
Welcome to CF, Coke can spacer sounds very suspect and I wouldn't trust that at all mate.
best best for stems that have a tiny amount of play in them is to get them Knurled and pressed back in, I've done this and it works a treat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.