Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys & Girls,

Im Jason, 39 and feeling pretty hopeless and depressed at the moment...hope this is the right forum??? Lol

Well, been riding for a few years, but following redundancy just before xmas, I had to sell my 'normal' bike to pay bills etc and this left me without a bike for a few months which was awful.

Well this changed two weeks ago when I came across a Moto Guzzi nevada 750 (1995). Initially I was weary because of the age but the engine was as sweet as a nut so i took a chance. me being a dreamer thought i could do something with that, spend 12 months and rebuild it lah lah lah and so on.

Now the wife has started nagging me as I dont have any transport and she is fed up driving me around so.....I stripped the bike yesterday, just with the intention of giving it a basic service, now bearing in mind I don't normally even change a light bulb, once again I bit off more than I could chew.

Anyways....now the bike is in bits in the driveway, to be honest there is just too much to do to get it looking like a decent bike again, besides I don't have a workshop and the correct tools to start pulling things off and polishing them...so I have whacked a coat of engine paint on it as the previous owner had done the same but it was starting to wear off. I have changed the handle bars for some straights instead of pretend chopper ones that were on it before, now I have kinda lost direction and inspiration......and ideas.

Im going to have to spray the gurads and tank etc with a can but I need to do more to it...just don't know what I can do. I have a limited budget of about £200 but a fair bit of free time so will do all I can myself.

Can you kind people have alook and chuck me many many cheap ideas if thats possible?

HERE'S HOPING........

Regards

Jason

Attachments

· Premium Member
21,386 Posts
Welcome Kernow!! Don't you worry.......these guys can tell you anything you need to know about bikes & mods & doing it cheap! You've come to the right place. for sure. Give everyone a chance to wake up on this beautiful Sunday morning & you'll get more help than you can use! It doesn't LOOK overwhelming....just need to take your time & go one step at a time. Looking forward to pics when your done! God bless.....................:D

· Fast ZX-12R
17,962 Posts
Welcome. Guzzi's are good bikes, just don't see to many fightered.

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for your response so far... got to get used to the time difference, nearly supper time over here - just cooking a sunday roast lol.

I'm sure it wont be too bad when its done, I love this little bike, its got an excellent pedigree as it belonged to James Morrisons mother ( A well known UK Singer) and i was lucky enough to get my hands on it.

What I really want to do is get it looking ok so that me and my 142 kg frame ( Bald headed and goatee!) won't look like a sissy on it. Street fighters have always caught my eye so the meaner the better - on a budget of course:squid:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.