Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
Post us pics without the plastics on so we can see what you're working with and give you ideas!

Welcome to the site, hopefully you get hooked on fighters and stick around.

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
fighters are allways good,post up pics of it naked and well help you out
btw-welcome to the site and what kind of bike is it????????????

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE NEV!

feel free to ask us any questions you may have.

heres mine:

what kind of bike did you get??

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
oo man...strip her down. she'll look WAY better. :metal:

you picked a good forum to troll...theres a bucnh of really knowledgeable yami-lovers around here.

·
©
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Needs new plastic which is why I want to make it a fighter instead. Needs new paint regardless because it has some custom paint and it is bubbling on the tank. Ideally I'd like to make it a one seater and maybe shorten the muffler while I'm at it.

Don't want to spend any money though so I am trying to get good ideas that won't cost much.

I'll try to post some naked pics as soon as I can. Thanks!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
check out this thread for the pipecutting. thats a great, cheap mod.

solo seat depends what you wanna do. really depnds on how you want to accomplish that. be it, chopping your subframe and not using plastics? cuttin downt he tail? gettin a new tail section??

paint is do-able...just sand it up and get some pj1 to paint it.

:metal:

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
I say swap on a new r1 tail or possibly a ducati 999 tail. All you need is some mount points welded on and the parts :)

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
funny thing, they haven't changed those gas caps since 1986. mines an 87 and it looke exactly the same as yours. its a bit different now though.

for the tail I'd say go with a nice tail chop. a shorty single seater would look badass on there

·
©
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
seeing how this will be one of my first major mods I will probably keep it simple and try an r6 tail. i found some good info on it too.. http://heath.agdog.com/fzr/workbench/1999_r6_tail/index.shtml

I'll wait until after I move and try to find a junkyard or something with one.. that seems like the cheapest way to go about it.

any suggestions for the front cowl? i'd like a little something i can duck behind on the interstate but it would have to work on it's own.... thoughts?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
theres not a lot to duck behind on a fighter. just gotta have good form. hahah

pics look good. i think a newer tail would def. spice it up.

·
©
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sort of jumping around from idea to idea here because i am still trying to decide what all to do with it. I've been looking at bikes all night and think that i'll probably just skip that for a while anyway.

thanks for the link though.

i'm going to stick with the basics (replacement headlight and gauges).. i can always change my mind later!

really wish I could pull off a major tail chop but i dont have the balls to attempt that yet.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
You can also make a wind deflector from sheet metal/diamond plate/whatever and bolt it to your handlebars or something. Cut it up and bend it so it looks nice and all that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts