Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the chitter chatter and what not goes here.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, he is half Weimaraner and half black mouth curr. I have to keep an eye on him or he steals my stuff and then i have to run around and try and catch him because he thinks its a game lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a question for or anyone else who has done a swing arm swap, how precise do i need to be in my measurements and fitment? I know i dont want a whole bunch of slop in there but what sort of tolerances do i need to try to stick to? I ask because i come from a woodworking background where within 1/16th is pretty dang good.

Also whats a good source for making sure i dont screw up my rear suspension? I just thought of this question so i havent looked, i also havent really come up with a plan yet on how to do it with the new swingarm

·
10,710 Posts
if your using an arm from another bike why not use its shock and linkage set up, photograph the standard set up, measure angles and positions etc. The R&D ploughed into it will be way beyond most of us . Reckon you'll need to tighten your tolerances up a fair bit there man

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was hoping not to modify the frame but that is the easier option, its a lot less figuring and a lot less fabricating. I'll just basically have to weld some mounts to the frame for the 848 shock pivot point

·
Administrator
5,256 Posts
Came here just to say this but Yan beat me to it.

Looking forward to seeing you work out this swinger / shock set-up!

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts

+ that awesome puppy! You are living tha dream mate ;)

Where is the slop in that arm ? at the frame pivot ?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

+ that awesome puppy! You are living tha dream mate ;)

Where is the slop in that arm ? at the frame pivot ?

Sorry robbo, didnt mean to ignore you. I'll have to look at it again. I dont remember exactly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts