Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I dont really want to give away too much info on my street fighter project 87cbr600 but I am stuck. I have gone to a single headlight and have an old kz speedometer that I am goin to use. I am not putting in the orginal gauge cluster and am not goin to to even hook anything up bc i am just goin to rock just a speedo. but the mess of wires i have reminds me of medusas head and thats my problem I dont know how to hide it. it has the fuses too so it needs to be dry. I can maybe shove them all between the headlight and the triple tree but I dont know what i should do to keep it dry. any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated...

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
You can wrap the fuses in vinyl electrical tape to keep them dry. Or extend the wires so the important/sensitive parts are under the tank.

·
890 Posts
Like haelo said, under the tank. You'll only need to extend the headlight wiring by the sounds of it, so should be fairly simple (3 wires). Pics please!!

·
more ideas than money
945 Posts
3-m weatherproofing tape over anything you have left will keep it dry.

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh i think i am goin to 3 m it.... I will just extend my blinkers and the headlight and see if I can stuff everything under the tank, although it is pretty tight under there. I will get pics. does anybody run independent like pod style filters on sport bikes like mine?>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey there fellow Hurricane rider, I saw the thread and wanted to give you my 2 cents. Im working on my hurricane and got stuck on the front wiring also. I solved my problem by going with the whole headlight inside a helmet and sticking the wiring harness and fusebox inside of it. I was thinking about going under the tank also but its very tight in there. I HAVE seen the pod style filters put on this bike so it can be done to give you more room. I actually saw pictures and details on the Honda Hurricane Yahoo club, so check it out and maybe you can get some good ideas. I have a question for you, what did you do with your oil cooler? Im having trouble finding a good place for it. Any input would be great.

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I dont have any pics yet of it sorrry. Waiting till shes finished. I ended up shoving most of the wires just behind the headlight i am using, I might just wrap them all in tape to keep the water out bc there really is no room under the tank. And I would love to do pod filters but I heard you have to have like stage 3 jets bc there is sooo much more air gettin in. The goal of this project was to spend under 100$ so they arent in my budget.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
yes you do need to rejet but you dont need a stage 3 kit. On my gpz i just upped my mainjets to 185s, drilled the hole in my slides a little larger, shimmed the needles up and called it good. All for the price of the main jets which are a couple bucks a piece. The kits offer you an adjustable needle and softer spring usually and an air correction jet. You can usually call on DJ and get a copy of the instructions for the kit and that lists jet sizes and base line settings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts