Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I buy this ex hill-climb time trial Blade...I stared at it online for a fortnight and eventually managed to get it at pretty lenient bounty..or should I say Coronavirus discount!

Arrived like this with a tiny little bespoke alloy fuel tank (images later) that holds about 10 miles worth of fuel under a dinky fake plastic tank cover - notice the height..everything was very low and exceedingly light - 1 down n 2 up on the gearing and a stage 2 dynojet. Madness on a stick to ride..but not at all practical for any distance riding, lol

I'm not a fan of the Repsol garb anymore, it been whistling around for what seems a lifetime now..

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The motor had been replaced with a low mileage un that had been sat around outside in a crash damaged bike for long enough - the fellow had just slapped it in there without cleaning the mutha - the top crankcases were unbelievably..leaves, corrosion..field mice, that nature of shit!

Took me a number of days and much scraped knuckles and broken fingernails to get the engine looking respectable again - surprisingly enough the airbox was pretty clean with a new piper cross filter onboard, miracle! Guess he had the priorities of scooting up roads rather than making sure shit was nice n crap-free!

Sourced a very decent fuel tank that was garbed in the Rothmans scheme of things - popped that on and found that the standard tank was a bit longer than the plastic jobby. Seat unit had to be cropped and now we have a certain tightness, one could say, when you're sat in the cockpit...a bit like wearing fireblade underpants to be frank! lol!

First major modification will be designing a big tube subframe - the one currently on the bike is a solid job, but it's steel and it's too short now..[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's had a service and a proper pull-through with a lavatory brush - couple of little LED brake lights fitted and a daytime mot. I'll use it as my daily until the R1 is ready and then it's going to get a proper interesting facelift..

[URL="[/URL]

·
UnicycleMode
7,563 Posts
:party-smiley:

This thing is awesome... also like that swingarm. :D

Sounds like the state of mine when I originally got it something like a decade ago. Been through so many changes I can't imagine (as of like 7 months ago, got a 1 year old and a bunch of auto projects so I don't get alot of time lately) a supercharged 650 twin could hurt anything at this point...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Buddy, It's certainly a pleasant place to kickstart an incentive! :)

Yours is looking like it's gonna be pretty healthy too! Uh huh the Aprilia swingers are real pretty and a perfect partner to the very decent looking Blade mainframe........... (00)

All the best from Glasgow!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got one of them lying about too
I picked up 'another' (cheap) 97 Fireblade and was lucky enough to find 'another' really clean RSV arm and rear wheel on ebay :). It's got a VFR 750 arm on it at the moment that's actually pretty interesting looking - was modified by Martek apparently! Maybe you can tell me if that's legitimate?

[URL="[/URL]

In two minds about what to do with it at the moment - why I was asking you about the Daytona wheel swap!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yup, that looks like a Martek braced arm,sure I seen a post about it on fb , Mark commented on it
Ok nice one! It would certainly look the biz with a wider rim in situ so I'm on the hunt for a decent Triumph wheel - what about the later gen wheels from the 06 n onwards Speed Triple n ST 1050, would they potentially slide in there?

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
any worries that the big tube subframe (which I like) will look funny with the flat, angular main frame?

1 - 20 of 121 Posts