Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,548 Posts
Any chance you can cut down the windscreen?

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I want to buy a (97 Fireblade) race fairing - it's got a suitably shaped snub nose that'll allow for something like this:

[URL="[/URL]

This look would work by bonding the vintage of the front n rear details...

What do you reckon?

Also, Thinking of knocking out an oldskool-style alloy fork brace similar to this:

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Found some nice soft square section alloy to make a couple of fairing brackets...

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
38 Posts
that blade as you got it was for sale in glyneath a few years ago i think i actually veiwed it but was that or an R1 i went for the R1 was in a garage for a few years as the guy was in jail or something along those lines

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
that blade as you got it was for sale in glyneath a few years ago i think i actually veiwed it but was that or an R1 i went for the R1 was in a garage for a few years as the guy was in jail or something along those lines
Uh huh I spotted it on ebay a couple of months back and thought it looked real clean for the money (1800)....how wrong I was! Never trust a photo! When it rolled off the delivery van I thought '(what a remarkable heap of shite!)' and when I proceeded to look into its nooks n crannies I really started to regret the purchase - immediately I thought about simply flipping it. Days later I got over it n decided that I wasn't gonna be defeated and set about cleaning it to the core - in doing so I kinda bonded with it and came up with a reasonable reboot plan.

- back in 2004 at the Ace Cafe in London I got into a conversation with a friend about the proliferation of Ducati n K1 Suzuki back ends being transplanted about the place and onto the majority of the specials, I reckoned that folk needed to begin harking back a couple of decades for ideas to bring forward n throw the scene a curveball, at the time I suggested a 900f tail for a Fireblade and a GS1000 unit for the K1...

....took me 16 years to do it myself, lol!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
seat pad mockup:

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

It'll be an upholstered pad that'll get stuck onto the race seat unit with velcro..

Distressed the clutch casing - vintage chronometer vibes...

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
make a feature of it rather than cover it ?
Uh huh for sure! Too interesting a moulding to hide - almost mirrors the rear wheel and at the same time mimics a dry clutch assembly. Rather than add bling I'm trying to beautify what it already packs...

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

Spent a bit of time on the top yoke today, got shot of the scratches and gave it a bit of a polish...

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

Figured out the colour scheme and decals today - pays homage to the entire bookend of it...

Tonight it felt like Los Angeles in the complex....Scotland can only benefit from a bit of climate change..

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
The lovely Chinese peeps scope this site bigtime hunting for design ideas to plunder!

....I've come up with a proper interesting taillight idea too

....best not to be too trigger happy with the imagery if you plan to spin something onto the marketplace, chaps!

·
10,453 Posts
The lovely Chinese peeps scope this site bigtime hunting for design ideas to plunder!

....I've come up with a proper interesting taillight idea too

....best not to be too trigger happy with the imagery if you plan to spin something onto the marketplace, chaps!
where you hear this mate?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
where you hear this mate?
From politics, business and straight through to the fashion industry and lifestylee social platforms - out asses are getting positively mimicked n manipulated! Cheap cans fashioned to look like Racefit - SC-Projects - Akra - Austin Racing etc - made to spec custom link pipes, lights, plastics, seat units n rear sets , designs all plucked and pissed out via the proliferation of satellite Chinese industry that's been grabbing the goodies for a number of years now....

I lived in Beijing for a year (2014) and all the whizz kids were VPNing it over to the west for the cool ideas - Dedicated Custom bike building forum such as this.... Yeah man, it's a given that CF is properly on the radar...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,548 Posts
I lived in Beijing for a year (2014) and all the whizz kids were VPNing it over to the west for the cool ideas - Dedicated Custom bike building forum such as this.... Yeah man, it's a given that CF is properly on the radar...
Ducati never came out with the "Streetfighter" until AFTER customfighters was born soo.... we're kind of a big deal :D

81 - 100 of 121 Posts