Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
I do gooD?
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey been on here for a bit and have been lurking for a long time, So I decided to make a thread for my Katina build
Here's a bit of back story. My friend found this chick that had a katana and she wanted speakers put on it ( I know I know) Well she got the speakers and started to hang with our group. One night I get a call and she dropped the bike and did some damage. Everything was cosmetic broken fairing, headlight, mirror and bent the hell out of the exhaust. I she asked us how much it would be to put it back to stock. Gave her a price and well she got her dad to just buy her another bike...:wtf: (I know I know)
Gave her an offer and well got the bike for $200:party-smiley::party-smiley:
Here are some pics.

After a bit of work

Chopped the rear a bit

Put some Dumb lights on, a bike computer and the stock Tac

·
I do gooD?
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well a small update, got a header and exhaust from a 600 bandit. Also swapped the upper trip and clip-on's so now they sit under the top trip.

Heres a pic of the chopped tail and taillight.

Next to my daily

·
Fighter Fanatic
43 Posts
Hey Bro Hate to try to pry secret info from you but i am starting my project soon and I was wondering if you could give me some insight on what the process of chopping the tail is. I am on a limited budget and would like to know if chopping the tail would be cost effective and if i even have to tools to do it. thanks in advance
(will follow with pic of tail)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Those look to have been some ugly fairings...

What's required to make the bandit exhaust fit the kat?

·
I do gooD?
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the link. Something to think about, when I get to my kat. I have a D&D but I want a big fan of the sound. Already have a jet kit sitting here waiting.

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

·
I do gooD?
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well its been a while, not much has been done to the fighter. Heres a small update
Painted the tank

Cap to match

Together

Vapor almost all the way done

Rear grab bar getting painted.

Thats it for now,

·
Registered
29 Posts
I say cut the frame under the seat and just mount a brake light under the seat.

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
I really want to do something like this
cut out the white and add new support where the black is only problem is I don't have a welder.
Get all the pieces cut and mocked up and look on craigslist for a local welder, kat frame is steel so any old welder can do it, lots of people are under employed and doing side work.
Last time I had some welding done on steel it was less than 50 bucks.

·
I do gooD?
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well did some chopping and this is what I came up with

I was left with a mess of wires and no place to put them

I shortened the wires and came up with a mount for the rear brake res. Then mocked up a brake light and the seat.

I know the brake light is crooked Its was just held on with tape.

Im still trying to figure out what I want to do with the seat and rear brake light. I might make a seat out of fiberglass.

·
Doesn't know shit
552 Posts
I like how this is turning out

·
I do gooD?
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its been a while but I finally DFW! Got the post 98 oil pan on so and mocked up the headers, Just need to get some more parts to bolt everything on. Also took the swing arm and shock off. Getting an R6 shock and going to paint the swing arm black.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.