Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm starting a build thread for my project even though I'm in the "parts gathering" stage of the build. Starting with the wrecked 05 Daytona 955i I picked a few weeks ago.

Aside from the trashed plastics the bike needed/needs a front wheel, some rearsets and little things like levers and such. I've already got the new wheel and another sub-frame, the ups guy should be bringing my rearsets(got the yosh knock offs like brit joe) and bar end mirrors this week. The tail is going to be a modified r6 or r1 tail, whichever makes itself more available to me.
I'm not sure what route to go with the headlight, my two thoughts are a headlight off an 05 gs500 I found on ebay or this

opinions, thoughts?

·
Ride or Live
132 Posts
Re: Un-named 05 Triumph Daytona

So I'm starting a build thread for my project even though I'm in the "parts gathering" stage of the build. Starting with the wrecked 05 Daytona 955i I picked a few weeks ago.

Aside from the trashed plastics the bike needed/needs a front wheel, some rearsets and little things like levers and such. I've already got the new wheel and another sub-frame, the ups guy should be bringing my rearsets(got the yosh knock offs like brit joe) and bar end mirrors this week. The tail is going to be a modified r6 or r1 tail, whichever makes itself more available to me.
I'm not sure what route to go with the headlight, my two thoughts are a headlight off an 05 gs500 I found on ebay or this

opinions, thoughts?
Is this the LSL urban headlight kit? I love it either way, but hopefully its not the LSL because that thing is PRICEY!

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yup, that's the lsl kit. My thoughts with this build are that I'm building THE bike I want, when this is done I don't want to feel like I missed something. And I want the bike to look factory when I'm done, I know that this goes against fighter mentality, but it's what I want. With all that in mind, I don't mind spending a little dough for the parts I want, but I don't know what to do with my gauges with that headlight set up.

·
GURU
911 Posts

Go with the LSL urban headlight you posted. If you have the money and you really like it, I say go for it!!!!

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts

that is the same headlight that I was going to put on the boOsa!! damnit

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,620 Posts

that is the same headlight that I was going to put on the boOsa!! damnit
and the same one Pauly's getting for his 900RR. :LolLolLolLol:

Reactions: CK 187

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,620 Posts

Yup, that's the lsl kit. My thoughts with this build are that I'm building THE bike I want, when this is done I don't want to feel like I missed something. And I want the bike to look factory when I'm done, I know that this goes against fighter mentality, but it's what I want. With all that in mind, I don't mind spending a little dough for the parts I want, but I don't know what to do with my gauges with that headlight set up.
i agree with you that a finished bike looks "factory" .. . . . more like it was meant to be like that. finished! thats the ultimate goal for the bike imo. of course the factory would never make em as cool as us, but you get the idea!

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts

i think im gonna switch my headlight to the vrod light..... either one is dope. that is my next purchase. a headlight

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

i agree with you that a finished bike looks "factory" .. . . . more like it was meant to be like that. finished! thats the ultimate goal for the bike imo. of course the factory would never make em as cool as us, but you get the idea!
The two bikes that I'm inspired by(excuse the gayness right there) are

and here's the worlds worst ms paint chop of what I want to do with the tail

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Go with the LSL urban headlight you posted. If you have the money and you really like it, I say go for it!!!!
I don't really have the money...I just got engaged and we're trying to buy a house. But she knows the bike is always in the top three priorities.:D

·
54 Posts

opinions, thoughts?

Nice choice of headlight mate im liking the bike alot have you seen the farings on www.jesterstrickbits.co.uk. got some v nice front light farings. Go to. . . veiw catalouge then. . . screens and farings . . check em out.Nice bike btw looks good in any style stock or fighter

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

new front rim

extra sub-frame

thought my rearsets were coming this week...
plan on getting the new wheel on tomorrow

·
Lazy bastard
1,116 Posts

Is this the LSL urban headlight kit? I love it either way, but hopefully its not the LSL because that thing is PRICEY!
Looks to be an exact copy of the headlight of a Yamaha MT-03. Just bought one on Ebay for 110 € for my upcoming SRAD project.

·
Konichiwa Bitches
17,772 Posts

Diggin that headlight, and the PS you did of the tail looks pretty good. I also like the idea of making a bike look like it came from the factory that way-you don't get as many "wtf is that" moments, but the people who see/know that work went into it can appreciate it just as much. :D

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

More goodies in the mail

woo mother fucking hoo...I'm in a good mood.

Reactions: Denver

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,620 Posts

those rearsets are looking nice. let us know how you like em!

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

they're the same as the ones Brit joe put on his bike, mine are gong on this weekend hopefully. I'm away on business and it fuckng sucks.

1 - 20 of 258 Posts