Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Holy Shit Nuts. Milwaukee made an impact that can only be adjusted with an app

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  taglicious 
#1 ·
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...h-w-Friction-Ring-Tool-Only-2863-20/303651964

anyone who buys one of these is fucking dead to me, and who ever pushed for this shit should have their career ended.

I was going to buy a new battery powered 1/2 milwaukee impact, and now I am going to see if other companies are putting apps on their garbage, cause once I find one that is not, I am buying that shit, and a new mini impact. Fuck milwaukee.

#4 ·
Looks like you work forward and reverse manually, but the strength settings have to be done via app.

Constant impact pulses seems like a really bad environment for electronics. This is pretty damn silly. People are just in love with "technology". It does grow thin when they're always trying to implement it in places it doesn't belong.

#9 ·
pretty sure all the cordless ones (almost certainly all the lithium ones) have electronics with circuit boards

there's a reason I specified cordless

#8 ·
I have one of those. the app allows full customization of the tool. ramp up speed, total rotation speed, impact intensity, fuck even the time the light stays on. it still has four basic settings and function just like every other milwaukee tool. it also able to find the tool on the app if gets "lost". I bought mine when my battery jump box disappeared at work and no one would own up to it. if this disappears ill just locate it and beat the shit out of whomever "borrowed" it.

#11 ·
Jesus fucking christ.

You have power levels on the tool, with tactile buttons.
The app lets you do things like set "power level 3" to 200lb-ft or some other specific amount. If you don't like it, don't use it and it's no different than using the non-connected version of the tool.
The app can also track the tool like Grymm says, as well as disable it so it won't work. Nice for guys who work on jobsites with other trades around.
I think it's some pretty useful tech. It's not new though, been out for years now.

Calm down.

#12 ·
It's for your mom dude. So she can call and ask you how to set the torque for her new power tool via app so your head will fucking explode.

pretty sure we're all dead to you already anyway :D

..and if I have to comment on topic I'd say...that's really not necessary. manual version please...the one that doesnt require me to have a $1000 phone in my dirty hands to "Fine Tune" the torque settings. ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: taglicious
#15 ·
the reviews saying the app is fucking trash and the impact malfunctions is why they can get fucked. the app would be tits if you could hard line in, or manually adjust in the tool if the app stops working. but lets be realistic, app wont be working in 5 years. tools shouldn't have apps.

#18 ·
sadly I wouldn't expect a cordless impact to be working in 5 years either

#21 ·
Same absurd shit going on with ceiling fans. I have zero desire to control my ceiling fan with my phone. And, if you're diligent about it - you'll read the reviews and discover that these fancy fans seem to have LED lighting on a unique circuit board that is $$$$ to replace if it burns out. Eff that.

#22 ·
Lol i love this stuff. Milwaukee has been a pita for reliability. But their warranty dept, my experience, is good. I mean really good. My mini hole hawg is back for the 3rd time, no charge for the work. The switch Keeps going bad. Their tools literally suck the juice out of their batteries though. It seems they can't get a handle on it. I have 5.0 - 12. The tools drain them quick. I have brushless rigid as well, and I can use them for over a week before needing to swap to charged batteries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.