Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got these 2 K&N cylindrical filters that work on my SV650 meaning the I.D is fuckin huge. I need pods for my GSX1100G but I need 4 of them and the O.D. of the carbs are much smaller. I was wondering what logistics I would need to deal with and if it would even be worth it, to make boots that would essentially hook up one of these filters for every 2 carbs. With me so far?

I'm thinking on making them from PVC or something. The proper K&N filters for my bike are expensive as FUCK and the cheap Emgo ones I heard are junk so I wanna try my hand at making these fit. Basically I'm looking for advice on this, spare boots to hack up, etc. I'm gonna draw up a crude blueprint and post it up later. Any and all real help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
I think K&N filters are well worth the money. If you service your air filters often they will pay for themselves pretty quick.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree but I'm resotring this bike to sell at this point. Dine said once HE gets His GSX-R1100 back from the shop He'll give me the ones He's got on His now since He's getting new ones and these are a bit beat up. Don't bother me none! So it looks as though this plan is scrapped. I was only gonna do this out of necessity. So rep Dine for the hookup next time ya see Him! Thanks for the help guys.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
I agree but I'm resotring this bike to sell at this point. Dine said once HE gets His GSX-R1100 back from the shop He'll give me the ones He's got on His now since He's getting new ones and these are a bit beat up. Don't bother me none! So it looks as though this plan is scrapped. I was only gonna do this out of necessity. So rep Dine for the hookup next time ya see Him! Thanks for the help guys.

free is KING'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts