Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my 10 ton homemade hydraulic press made it outa some box section m16 threaded rod some nuts welding rods. I burned a hole in the top and bottom of one of the box section after I cut it in half I then drilled 16mm holes 40 mm in from the edge. Then fitted the threaded rod then slid the pipe over the rod and welded it to the nuts so then tacked the jack to the bottom box section the top box section with the hole burned in it is held on with nuts so there's a wee bit of adjustability there.

BBCode (message boards & forums)

It's a wee bit flimsy but worked I might beef it up a wee bit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers lads here's my new design cost. £0 to make materials I used were 2 Mtrs of 40 x 40 box section, 1 Mtr of heavy channel, 0.5 Mtr of angle iron, 2x m16 high tensile cap screws, 2x m16 nuts, 1x m20 nut and bolt 2 cutting disks and a few 6013 2.5mm mild steel rods.
This 1 is solid I'm quite happy with it just needs tarting up a wee bit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers lads, will find out how it works when I get home tomorrow. Aye it's a engine room I you work at sae too? Here's it kinda painted.

·
Registered
120 Posts
That press looks very good! No i dont work at sea but worked at a shipyard in norway a few years ago, mostly building offshore supply vessels.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still ain't had a chance to test it I had to get my old lathe out fit new cupboards in the shed to make a bit of space for the new lathe the wife got me for Xmas should be here next week so might have an update then. Are you from Norway? I used to sail outa Dusavik and Stavanger a few years ago nice place but bloody expensive. Cheers for comments lads :thumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
yupp, I'm from norway. worked close to Ålesund that time, but moved close to oslo now. one beer at a local pub here will be about 12-13USD and a new Yamaha R1 will be about 40.000USD so yeah, crazy expensive.Thats why we have a lot of old bikes, hehe :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aye know we're about that is too noticed a lot of people had American vehicles when I was over that was a few years ago and was about £7 for glass of tou a local beer :robssmilie:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts