Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to drop a question like this as it may have been mentioned before but I for one know that a few people here would appreciate the answer to this so bear with me please.

The Honda C(-)360T series runs a Keihin CVK carburetor. The issue is finding adjustable needles. For that same matter it's nearly impossible to find correct info on jetting them for performance. It's pretty much a taboo to run open filters on these things too. I don't get it.

What part # am I looking for to have adjustable main jet needles?

Anybody uncork one like I did mine? I'm sure of it, it couldn't have been just fine afterward, it takes some correction. The last page of my build thread link will give you a good idea of how uncorked mine is just short of pod style filters.

Should I get some filter covers for my stock airbox? Can anyone shed some light on the jetting correction that would need to be done for open filters?

My bike has a shitty stutter to it when maintaining 1/8th to 1/4 throttle at steady speed between about 2,500rpm to about 6,500rpm, this to me seems to be a main jet issue but I'm not sure where to start without adjustable needles as I know them to help dial it in just a little bit more. I'm looking at 102, 105, and 110 main jets to test and tune with, just need needles that can fit this application. Stock main is #100 btw.

Thanks guys, I'm sure somebody knows something. :rock:

-Rat

·
175 Posts
I had pods on my cl350 and it basically ran fine on stock jets and needles. I sold the bike a year ago but from what I can remember the only thing I did was adjust the mixture screws and floats, just to richen it up a little. If you really have a bad stumble off-idle you could always try shimming the needle with a washer (small, gradual changes).

I asked similar questions on some classic honda board a couple years ago about pods on these bikes. The "experts" on there told me that basically, unless you're racing, there's really no need to jet as you can get the stock carbs adjusted just fine for street riding. My experience supports this.

Good Luck.

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rep to both of you for the help! I suppose it's time to dig through my box of carb parts and find the shims and start there. Kinda frustrating my bro gave my spare 360 carbs to a guy that was buying my KZ400... they didn't even go to the bike that was sold!

...and on second thought, since the carbs will be out, bench syncing them and adjusting the valves is in order too, it doesn't seem to need it (I've grown to feel the difference but I may be off the mark here) and see where the float adjustment gets me after all. As I said, it seems that there isn't much in the way of jetting for these bikes and I may as well take this as far as I can before it dead ends and I need to buy parts. Sounds like this is just in need of some tuning.

Again, thanks! Custom Fighters :rock:'s

-Rat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts