Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both these bikes in the shop and they're getting stripped down and what we don't want we scrap. If you need parts for either one of these bikes than let me know and if I have it, it's yours. Might take me a while. Might not be in great shape. I'll do what I can. Just pay shipping. I'll try to get pics. The CB550 Nighthawk is an early 80's model with the cheesy square headlight. The Shadow 750 is mid 80's I think. Both are missing parts. Neither run. Neither have titles.

I would like for these parts to go to members with at least 100 posts or who've bought a VIP membership. Basically members who I know contribute and want to stick around.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't think it should matter. They're going on a 79 gs750, so the M/C would need to fit 7/8 bars. The fender, i just need something to use as a fork brace.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't think it should matter. They're going on a 79 gs750, so the M/C would need to fit 7/8 bars. The fender, i just need something to use as a fork brace.
You need to cross reference the banjo bolt size to make sure it will mate with your calipers

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you have the fusible link from the battery for the nighthawk I am interested in that. Also btw the nighthawk is an 83. They only made them 1 year US.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
how are the tanks?

Reactions: ROBBO

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you have the fusible link from the battery for the nighthawk I am interested in that. Also btw the nighthawk is an 83. They only made them 1 year US.
What is a fusable link? I have no idea what you mean by that.

neither of them have kick starts do they?
No sorry, both are electric start only.

how is the shadows motor, its not seized, or the trans locked up?
I have no idea if its seized or not. It sat outside in Drjellyfingers backyard for a while uncovered with the carbs off.
how are the tanks?
Neither one have tanks.

I know a bloke who needs a cheesy sqware H/lamp! If its up fer grabs Mark lemme know mate CHEEEEEEEEERS :D
If it's on there it;s your boss.
Do you have two matching pipes?
The two matching pipes for what? The Nighthawk is the only one with an exhaust of any kind and they've been rattle bombed in a shitty flat black. They're chrome, they're heavy, but if my partner doesn't want them and you're willing to cover shipping there yours.

Whew, I almost broke a sweat from this post.

:thumbsup:

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
I'd love to pick up a spoked front wheel before I start building my new front end. Any chance on that? The shadow is probably a better match from my bike's weight, especially as I'm aiming to put more weight on the front than stock. Not sure how the rotors would work with my brakes, but one thing at a time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The OEM M/C has a 5/8 piston, and a 10x1.25 bolt size. So whatever one has dual calipers and a 10 mm bolt is the one i need.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The OEM M/C has a 5/8 piston, and a 10x1.25 bolt size. So whatever one has dual calipers and a 10 mm bolt is the one i need.
My original post:
I have both these bikes in the shop and they're getting stripped down and what we don't want we scrap. If you need parts for either one of these bikes than let me know and if I have it, it's yours. Might take me a while. Might not be in great shape. I'll do what I can. Just pay shipping. I'll try to get pics. The CB550 Nighthawk is an early 80's model with the cheesy square headlight. The Shadow 750 is mid 80's I think. Both are missing parts. Neither run. Neither have titles.

I would like for these parts to go to members with at least 100 posts or who've bought a VIP membership. Basically members who I know contribute and want to stick around.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts