Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pains me to put this bike up for sale however I don't ride it anymore. I spent all last fall rebuilding it and no expense was spared. It starts first kick always and is extremely reliable. This bike is street legal and includes Michigan motorcycle title. Lights and charging stator were taken off for a track day that I never attended. They are included and I can even install them if needed. Bike started life as a 2001 CR250R. Frame was cut and TIG welded by a certified welder at Accumold on Sprinkle road in Portage. Engine is a 1988 cr500 that has been completely gone through. Crank rebuild, new piston/rings, seals, bearings. Clutch plates and discs were still good so included are a set of Hinson clutch plates. Head has been milled and ported by Action Cycle in Portage. The porting was mild to make the engine more street friendly. There are also a heap of aftermarket parts installed:

-Braking 320mm front rotor and master cylinder
-MotoGP thumb brake kit
-SS braided lines all around
-Acerbis handle bars
-Maier bark busters
-Michelin Pilot Powers 120/70 zr17 & 150/60 zr17 (These were new last fall. Lots of life left)
-Trailtech Vapor speedo/tach
-Suspension revalved/sprung by Racetech (Done last fall)
-Pro Circuit Platinum pipe (New last fall)
-FMF silencer
-Stainless Steel exhaust flange to ensure a good seal
-Full 2001 cr250 ignition (flywheel, cdi, harness). This makes the engine spin up quicker, smooths out the timing curve, and gives a better throttle response with more over rev.
-14t upfront, 42t steel sprocket in back, and DID VX2 X-ring chain (New last fall)
-Keihin PWK 39.5 Air Stryker carb
-Boyesen Rad Valve
-DHH headlight, Acerbis LED tail light
-Oversized radiators
-Custom made catch can
-Vents in airbox

Clutch cover was leaking when photos were taken because of a pinched seal. This problem has been fixed.

Serious inquires only. I WILL NOT CONSIDER TRADES. Leaving the country in February. 5000 obo 2695015503, Brandon.

Pictures with oversized tank and lights.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Damn this has gotta be hard to part with good luck with the sale

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm not thrilled I have to sell it. No where to store it while I'm out of the country though. No build thread on this one.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wait, if you had storage. You would keep it? How long are you overseas? And yes, sweet bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts