Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plan was to swap it into the frame and do a monoshock setup, and be able to run the big rear tire/rim. That was until i found the swinger was a good amount wider. How much can i shave of before alignment will become a major issue? Im aware ill probably need an offset sprocket but will the swinger even be straight in the frame? From my rough measurements it appears to be about 30mm to big. But again thats a very rough measurement. Any ideas?

G

·
I looked at this myself on a gsx frame (basically the same frame) the only way i could see was to machine the bearing stops deeper sink the bearings in & shave off the remainer of the arm but even that wont get it in there without frame mods because theres not enough sticking out from the bearing area to get the bearings in deep without the arm fouling the frame, if i was determined to use this arm i wouldnt bother with any of the above & widen the frame to suit the arm instead as its much easier & will definately work :)

One of the suzuki arms is an easier choice you can use any oil cooled bandit, late 80's early 90's slingshot gsxr's up to about 94 or 5 with only minimal work EG bearing and or spacer swaps then the slingshot or bandit wheels fit with no hassle just use the brake hanger that goes with the wheel you chose , depending on model used you may need to shave the frame for chain clearance & you may need to bend outwards or remove the pillion footrest hanger tubes

Hope it helps

·
Registered
222 Posts
as they said, bandit swinger is your best bet. If you are adamant on the f4 swinger, I have a f4 swinger and a gs1000 frame. I can see how much off they are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts