Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,046 Posts
Been lurking on this build. I was looking at the tail and grab rail with the side panels. Just looking at the pic the tail looks too “flat”. Not enough angle up. The grab rail side plates look like they are slightly misaligned with the side panels. Is it just the pics?

Later, Doug

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been lurking on this build. I was looking at the tail and grab rail with the side panels. Just looking at the pic the tail looks too “flat”. Not enough angle up. The grab rail side plates look like they are slightly misaligned with the side panels. Is it just the pics?

Later, Doug
Keep in mind that not everything is completely secure in that pic and there is some wiggle room in each component. I have since that pic angled the tail slightly up... at first I thought you might have been from the UK where no matter how angled up it was it isn't enough (LOL). As for the side panel and grab rail at the point they meet the side panel is going outward and the grab rail starts coming back in so it is a bit of an illusion depending on the camera angle.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Germans started the super high angled tails , caught on here for a while , but not so much now
German tails... What a ballache

·
10,904 Posts
the proper ones were fine, seat pads sat flat enough, too many people insisted on flicking standard seat units sky high, looked shit, ruined the lines and squashed yer bollox

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never understood that trend. didn't realize it was a German thing to start with. Several bike trends start across the pond and don't catch on is the US for several years, glad that one never did. The streetfighter popularity came to the US years after It was thing. I think Americans at first built streetfighter bikes because they couldn't afford to fix their crashed sport bikes not because they wanted a cool one of a kind ride so many old fighters I see here are just sport bikes missing the bodywork and MX bars.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
I think Americans at first built streetfighter bikes because they couldn't afford to fix their crashed sport bikes not because they wanted a cool one of a kind ride so many old fighters I see here are just sport bikes missing the bodywork and MX bars.
That was everybody, not just Americans!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bike for sale on ebay?
Yes it is. I bought this bike as a flip bike never intended to keep it. I was thinking of building a Hornet 919 (Nighthawk) in red as a keeper. If I do that it would be much more radical.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts