Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
evillani
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to split the case to put the new engine oil seal in behind the front sprocket. Since ill be pulling the engine anyways i wanted to know what else i should change while im already in there which bearing and seals and whatever else is needed?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
740 Posts
You could undercut the gears of the transmission while you're in there. You can do it yourself, there's tutorials floating around, or there's people out there that will do it for you via mail. Done well it really sharpens up shift action, especially for older bikes.

If it's a high miles motor, or the compression is down a bit it's not that much extra work to hone the cylinders and re-ring the pistons once the cases are split.

You might check with a bike specific forum if there were any known issues/gremlins lurking inside you can fix while you're there, but otherwise if it was a strong runner before, no need to fix what isn't broken. The only other thing I could think of is that setting the valves would be easier and less tedious with the engine out of the bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts