1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Hmm I had a 97 1100 for a first bike. I was/am way to short to ride it. lol I felt like this guy every time I took it out the lot

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I get it in probably gonna keep it pretty stock. I'm just wanting something comfortable for her to ride with me and so I can possibly turn the pig into a solo bike

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Yup mine just had a set of pipes. ^ that's just what it felt like once you got it above parking lot speeds. What made it worse was Id have to constantly pull myself forwards into the tank to keep my feet in the forward controls unless I wore my work boots were I could just hang my feet by the tread on the bottom of the boots lol. But like I said that bike was big and I'm a smallish guy. Other then that the bike did its job ok

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well so far I am the high bidder at a whopping $51...I doubt that will hold for 5 more days but we will see. As much work as this thing needs I dont want to pay too much

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Having a bike for two-up is fun, but I cant force myself in to cruisers. And I've tried. The laid back/ feet up riding position makes me feel too much out of control. And on the highway , the laid back position makes me feel like I'm constantly having to pull on the bars to sit where I want due to the wind. Now, I've never owned my own cruiser, just ridden a few, but I did have my old chopper. I dig the look, but I just can't dig the ride. But if I remember correctly you had a cruiser once before? If not, make sure it's for you before you invest time and money in to a project.

I got excited and bought that hardtailed BSA, but I cant find any motivation to work on it at all ( you should buy it ;) ). Im pretty sure I'll be riding Standards for life. Forward controls and rearsets just aren't for me.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't ever owned one, but I have ridden one and really like the laid back riding posture. That with the lower center of gravity will make it ideal for me and her. Plus she will be able to lean back and be comfortable. The ad states that its missing a lot of parts and I know why. The CDI, coils, controls, and a few other things are for sale by him. I wouldn't be surprised if I did win this thing at $51. It wouldn't be worth it if I had to spend much more on it plus the 6 hour ride to go get it

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably not. At least not at first. She doesn't even know I've bid on it. I'm waiting to see if I win it to have that argument :doh:

If I get it I will be putting it mostly back to stock. Anything I do will be cheap. I reserve all my extra cash for the pig

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I didn't win the auction...but

This may be happening in the next week or so because I have an awesome wife. Having this will take some pressure off of getting the pig finished and since I have all the parts for it, she will get finished this winter. Will be financing it and the combined payment of the garage and bike will be very close to what my truck payment was

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea I will be blacking some stuff out. I messed up applying for the loan and am waiting for that to get cleared up. Im calling to set up a test ride tomorrow. If the ride goes good Im looking to bring it home next week.

She might want it for herself. She is tall enough to ride it. I wouldn't complain as long as she is in a bikini!! :shocker:

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was supposed to hear from the dealership today about my credit app. I will be calling them tomorrow. If I get approved the wife wants to meet me there to see the bike. She also asked me if I would be putting different pipes on it since the stock ones are so quiet. I might have to settle for a blue version of the bike as the red one is possible spoken for. I hate waiting, I am not a very patient person

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I've been avoiding this thread since the dealership told me I needed a 1700 down payment. I obviously didn't have that so I thought that I wouldn't get it. But I found out this morning that I'm finally getting my bonus on Feb 4. I'm caning the salesman tomorrow to see if he will hold the bike that long. He said he could hold it as long as there is an approved credit app but he didn't say how long

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its a 2010 Honda Stateline with only 3800 miles. They are here too, but 6-7.5k is pretty normal here for one like this. Im looking for a bike that I can keep and ride for along time, plus I want FI and water cooled. I love my air cooled carbed old girl, but some days I want something that I can just throw a leg over and ride

LMAO...stupid auto correct. I met calling

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks bud...I know Im paying a bit much at 7.5k but to me its worth it. I had some pretty specific requirements and it meets all of them. I wanted FI, water cooled, 1000+CC and it has some really nice extras like a mustang seat with drivers back rest, sissy bar, passing lights and saddle bags already on it. The CB will still get its turn, but I want to turn it into a weekend bike to preserve it as long as I can. This will be a commuter and long trip bike.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
I understand completely. And it's funny how your taste can change in bikes. At one time I would cringe at any bike that was ''cluttered up'' with luggage, now I'm building luggage racks for my own bike! That big twin with those bags could make for some really nice trips with your missus. :thumbsup:

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I never thought I would own a cruiser. My first bike ever was a KLR250 when I was 14 then traded for a ninja 250. I would have had my step dad's ZRX1100 but he had to sell it. I always thought I would be on sport bikes, but there is something about going down the road on a big v twin stretched out on forward controls that calls to me. The bags will be nice for day trips as well as carrying tools to work that would normally stay in the truck. Since I have chrome I will probably get a nice red or white LED kit.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts