Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so for a while i've been thinking about taking part in next year racing class for twin bikes up to 500cc. i was thinking about GPZ500(ex500) but my heart was keen on V twin honda, that doesnt exist. looked at bros 400, but they are hard to get by and not so powerfull. another option was jap spec sv400, but again, hard to get one.

so today i was browsing local adverts and found that there's 1990 VTZ250, ehmm, for inapropriate(good inampropriate) amount of money.

weight is about 330lbs and makes 35-40hp, depends on stock carbs.

i've contacted the seller with some question about stateof engine. but question is, would this bike be fun enough against GS500's and CB500's on gokart tracks(max speed on straight with my vfr is ~160kph)

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot to mention it is same engine as on VTR250 and VT250 Spada, just different frame

·
Neeeeeeeeeeeeerd
78 Posts
The engine in the VT250Z is almost identical to that in the Spada, which I have. The engine in the Spada is fantastic, with plenty of poke for a small bike. Loads more power than most modern 250cc bikes. Doubt you'd keep up with a GS500 on the straights, as they have a fair bit more go, but it would keep up on the corners for sure, especially with a decent suspension setup.

Not sure how the VT250Z compares to a Spada though. If the price is as good as you say, it'd be a fair bit of fun for not much money.

The later VTR250 engine is slightly different. It has one less gear, completely different gear ratios, and is down a little bit in power to meet later emissions standards.

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was sold when the seller responded. So im sticking with ninja 500

1 - 4 of 4 Posts