Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Hooking a '94 GSXR750 Frame to a '01 GSXR750 Front End..

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Nev 
#1 ·
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen:

The time is at hand to start my GSXR7/11 build. I plan on doing this build in 3 sections. Section 1 is build a roller frame using parts I can find relatively cheap. Section 2 is building the engine, probably with a lot of help from skr00z, since the engine is currently in 4-5 boxes and dozens of pieces. Section 3 is putting it all together and adding finesse where necessary.

I recently found a '01 GSXR750 front end for a "decent" price ($250). It comes with everything except the front wheel and clip-ons/controls. The question at hand is what work is necessary to get the '94 frame to hook up to the '01 front end. I've done some research with regard to neck bearing sizes and what-not, but haven't found a straight up how-to.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and help.

Edit:

I also have a set of '02-'04 GSXR1000 forks, '01-'02 GSXR1000 triples, and a set of '04-'05 GSXR1000 brake calipers on the way. Am I better off piecing together the GSXR1000 front end, or stick with the GSXR750?

See less See more
#2 ·
I also have a set of '02-'04 GSXR1000 forks, '01-'02 GSXR1000 triples, and a set of '04-'05 GSXR1000 brake calipers on the way. Am I better off piecing together the GSXR1000 front end, or stick with the GSXR750?
you're slighly confused.

01-02 1k forks/brakes are the same
03-04 1k forks/brakes are the same
05-06 1k forks/brakes are the same

#4 ·
Oh goody, I guess this means I get to play "Identify this part"...:( Thanks for the heads up, I'll inspect the items when I get a chance and hopefully be able to accurately identify the parts instead of going off what I was told by the seller...

if you'd have gotten a pre 96 front end, it've went right in. the newer stuff is doable, but it's more involved. usually the easiest way is to swap the stems. if you can find a lower triple from an older gsxr/katana/1st gen sv/etc, bring me both of the lower triples, and i'll swap em for you. then it'll bolt right in.
What can I say, I like the looks of inverted forks. Also, I'll see if I can't get a correct steering stem and make a visit to your joint. Lastly, if/when/how much would it be to help me build the engine?

Thanks again guys, reputation points floweth...

Edit: Would something like this work? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZU...008QQitemZ180151442048QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

#3 ·
if you'd have gotten a pre 96 front end, it've went right in. the newer stuff is doable, but it's more involved. usually the easiest way is to swap the stems. if you can find a lower triple from an older gsxr/katana/1st gen sv/etc, bring me both of the lower triples, and i'll swap em for you. then it'll bolt right in.

#5 ·
you just supply the parts, ands the beer, and i'll build your motor for you.

gonna need the case numbers, crank numbers, and rod id's to order bearings, then just a gasket set and you should be good to go as long as all the hard parts are there.

and just so ya know, suzuki started in 91 with inverted forks on gsxrs, so ya could just got a 91-95 750, or 91-98 1100 setup, but s'all good, we'll make your front end work. i gots a biiiiig hammer :D

#6 ·
good ol' search function...

I am in a similar situation...trying to figure out if I can just do the simple stem pressing game to get the 01 GSXR front end I have into my '89. Thoughts? I know it's EASIER to just buy the front end that's been used before lol, but I got this entire setup for $60, forks and all, so I'm gonna work with it. Should I just look at having a custom stem made?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.