Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys do about the horn - does anyone take it off? Mine might get in the way of my aftermarket headlight, so I'm wondering if it would be too dangerous to go w/o one (plus 2 less wires to deal with).

·
Registered
40 Posts
By law, we in the UK need one so we can toot at the cager arseholes for cutting us up.
I just moved mine to another location, just above/behind the rad. However i'm way to embarassed to use it... eee eee. If there was room i would have low tone airs.

Moving it is easy as you said its only 2 wires. But in fighter design....if you don't need it, bin it.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I've never used the bike horn, sounds like i stepped on a duck, and almost always take it off. The best horn is a loud ass pipe,:party-smiley:

I don't pay any attention to that stuff ??
Turn signals , mirrors, licence plate, horn, fuk all that.
I'll roll wit head lights, break lights, tail lights ?

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
horns are small...and easy to hook...why wouldn't you run it (especially if you ever run in town!). It's two easy wires and horns are EASY to hide...you can get aftermarket horns that are like 1.5"x1.5".

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
i ran an acerbis headlight, so i had the little number plate which i wrapped up all my wires behind (with zipties) so i just ziptied the horn in there so it was part of the package. worked well.

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
on my ninja i still had the horn but was tryin to find a way to hook up an electric air horn and on my r1 it was used to activate the nitrouse -i forgot a few times that there was no horn there:rock: :D :cfrocks:

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
ab420 said:
that could make for some uncomfortable moments! Like, when you go to honk at the guy that just cut you off... and then you hit the nitrous.... :LolLolLolLol:
worse i went to honk at some girls and ended up throwin up a 12o clock wheelie in 3 gear in fornt of a cop buh bye liscense for a month:LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
ab420 said:
I think the best plan would be a wireless microphone inside your helmet hooked up to a loud speaker on your bike, so you can REALLY tell people what you think of them! :D
that really isnt a bad idea! that would def. be gratifying! :LolLolLolLol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ab420 said:
I think the best plan would be a wireless microphone inside your helmet hooked up to a loud speaker on your bike, so you can REALLY tell people what you think of them! :D
That's one hell of an idea! I wonder how long I could go before I got cited for public indecency or some bs like that.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
i would guess....NOT very long.

i know i'd be gettin called in after cussing out some woman in her suv on the phone!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I relocated my horn, and it fits perfectly behind the Acerbis headlight. I bent a random piece of metal at a 90 degree angle and drilled holes in it. Then I attached it to a flange on the frame with a bolt, a nut, and some lockwashers. I also cut out some washers from a strip of rubber to absorb some of the vibration.

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
I spent too much time runin' choppers and I don't run shit. No spoeedo, horn, signals, plate lights, high beams etc. I usually redo my harnesses to eliminate everything. And usually move the key somewhere out of the way with a hidden push button to start.

GOTTA BE KLEEN !!!!!!!!

:evilred:

G.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
I have the horn on my gixer in the standard place, but really it sucks, I use a lift upvisor on my helmet, and allways make the point if another driver has done something to upset me I allways will say some thing, LOUDLY and VERBALY, and most of the time I get I didnt see you, which often makes me angrier.
Im only a small tiny guy, .....and Im not threatening inthe least.:)

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
he says with a grin...lol...I've known Joe for quite a while and he'd scare me if he yelled at me at a light!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
McBain said:
Well I relocated my horn, and it fits perfectly behind the Acerbis headlight. I bent a random piece of metal at a 90 degree angle and drilled holes in it. Then I attached it to a flange on the frame with a bolt, a nut, and some lockwashers. I also cut out some washers from a strip of rubber to absorb some of the vibration.

hey man, glad to see your still around.
GOT PICS???

you know we love to see pics of fabrication

1 - 20 of 20 Posts