Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy ata local dealer had this come in today for dyno tuning. Says he's constantly selling the guy tires.:rock: :LolLolLolLol: I think they're like 2300 cc. With the turbo wicked as low as they could run it he said it made just over 230 hp. They're gonna crank it up next time to see where it'll go.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Scrapyard said:
And here's the answer to the question, "What does a 335hp Rocket 3 do at the strip"...

:D
That is pretty sic for sure! Of course I have seen Kyle Woods do that with a stock one dragging the fender too.:rock:

·
Wannabe
1,502 Posts
I know that guy. He was in the shop the shop I work at last weekend. Last year he gave two of the guys at the shop a blank check and the bike to work with. They literally built their dream "turbo rocket" and this is what they did. They aren't TOTALLY happy with it, but they talk about it like it's their baby. I don't blame them, there is a LOT of work into it.

He wrecked the transmission on that bike because it has some automated shift mechanism. He pops the clutch at 2grand in first and holds the throttle open. The bike does everything else. It was literally rebuilt 3 weeks ago (I got to help put the bike itself back together). There is a little play in the gears in the transmission when the gears are shifted they were shoved too far and it just wore them out until one broke.

He's running a car slick in the back, all of it on pump gas.

They figure the next thing to go is going to be the clutch, it'll explode right out the front of the bike. It just wasn't built to handle that much power.

And the damn things weigh about 800lbs, they're a fucking pain in the ass to roll around, but not as bad as the Vulcan 1600 or 2000... which are just god awful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts