Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Any time DZ man, honestly though I learned what I did on the net so if I can do it anybody can;)

Zr0-1, thanks man, a pic is worth a thousand words. :rock:

Here's how I wired it last night. I didn't put a switch between the Gray - Brown, I was under the impression it wouldn't need one.. now that I think back I can't recall why I thought that?

I looked in at Radioshack and I'm pretty sure they didn't have a dual pole/single throw. They had Dual pole/dual throw I think, and I picked up one of those just as a backup.

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
Here's how I wired it last night. I didn't put a switch between the Gray - Brown, I was under the impression it wouldn't need one.. now that I think back I can't recall why I thought that?
cause R is the feed coming from the battery and O feeds the fuse box
G is coming from O feeded fuse, no need for two switches in series

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Still tape up that resistor. :rock:

Yes mom.:mad:

I left it undone because if it works I'll undo it and wire in a second switch there as a backup security measure. ;)

Looks like I'm good to go then! Thanks guys!:rock::rock::cfcartman:

·
Bird's flying again!
199 Posts
cause R is the feed coming from the battery and O feeds the fuse box
G is coming from O feeded fuse, no need for two switches in series
Why was it on a switch from the factory?

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
Why was it on a switch from the factory?
it depends on the model/country code, the wiring diagrams are different
there are diagrams for common Europe, UK, Japan, US and/or Canada
some have a couple extra devices and switches mounted some don't
and they have all almost the same wiring harness installed
e.g: in the US Bandit diagram I have is the lightning switch missing to turn the lights off which is a common feature in the foreign versions

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Well it worked in so far as I got it wired up. I haven't tried to hit the start button yet ;)

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Just to post an update:

The setup I posted a pic of works, just make sure you use a switch that you know to be good:oops: I pissed around for a week trying to figure out what I did wrong or hooked up wrong and all it turned out to be was a bum switch. Lights come on as soon as I flick the switch to "on" and I hit the starter once to make sure it cranks.

Now just need to charge up the battery and get some gas in there... and pray chandler did a good job on the motor;)

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Now go buy a damn multimeter...so you can test shit like that in 10 seconds. LOL

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
LoL, I know. Needed them lots but never used em, don't know how. Guess I'll never learn if I don't get one huh.

I'm such a friggin cheap:jpshakehead.sml:

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
LoL, I know. Needed them lots but never used em, don't know how. Guess I'll never learn if I don't get one huh.

I'm such a friggin cheap:jpshakehead.sml:
IIRC, first three turns are Volts Ac, then Volts DC...then Omega sign....looks like upside down horse shoe...use that to check continuity....like on switches. :D

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
i use mine everyday for all kinds of things. resistance to see if im on the same wire at the front and back of the car. voltage to see if something has power and grounds and voltage drop tests to see if thiers a break or high resistance in a wire. very very good piece of tool to have. and there 4 bucks at harbor freight.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Loose your key Yan? :D

41 - 60 of 66 Posts