Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Fail Master General
29 Posts
lol keeping an old thread alive. After re-re-reading this all this week ive went ahead and ordered my parts. I really wanted a system with 5 foot range but they really are just too expensive. Ill post up here and my build thread(which i havent updated in months) if i go crazy with it.

·
trogdor, the burninator
392 Posts
HOLY THREAD REVIVAL

I've been looking into rfid and I think I might pull the trigger on some parts, can anybody confirm that this is still the best set-up??

rfid http://www.ebay.com/itm/251275918306?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

611t latching relay http://www.ebay.com/itm/140333447156?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

and should i wire power off the kill switch to keep it from dying? thanks for the help to any wizard electrical gurus willing to chime in

·
Registered
51 Posts
Spooky.

I just read this thread yesterday and ordered that stuff for my GPZ, and then the thread is necro'd.

I ended up getting the RFID units without the relays on them since it seemed like the 611T unit handled the relay duties. So hopefully those are still the way to go when I start fiddling with that junk next week.

·
trogdor, the burninator
392 Posts
Spooky.

I just read this thread yesterday and ordered that stuff for my GPZ, and then the thread is necro'd.

I ended up getting the RFID units without the relays on them since it seemed like the 611T unit handled the relay duties. So hopefully those are still the way to go when I start fiddling with that junk next week.
Link? Maybe I will let you guinea pig it and check back in a few weeks :napoleon2:

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
I have it on my bike but am taking it off. Problem with the setup is it kills your battery if you dont ride every day. So I figured no big deal ill put in a battery cut off. Well now every time I turn the battery power back on the relay switches back to on automatically so basically the bikes it on as soon as it gets battery power back on. Not a big fan of it.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.