Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
fighter transplant in NC
Joined
·
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody

anybody else need more time?
 

·
GURU
Joined
·
1,858 Posts
I do, but it's cause UPS is taking their sweet time delivering a clutch pressure plate.

I'll deal with it. Deadline is the 25th? A few late nights will do me good.
 

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
Joined
·
4,286 Posts
I realy don't and kind of worked in the direction to be done and foto'd by then.Purposely did not tackle a few things that i didn't think i could do in time ! If I knew of an extention before now, I would probably still be disassembled and working on a wheelie light, custom headlight, paint motor, cut my fender. There is more I'de like to do and plan to, but scheduled it this way to complete on time. I don't know how fair an extention would be ??

Don't get me wrong i wouln't fight it, but I WILL NOT support it either !:)
 

·
Abministrator
Joined
·
10,687 Posts
catman said:
I realy don't and kind of worked in the direction to be done and foto'd by then.Purposely did not tackle a few things that i didn't think i could do in time ! If I knew of an extention before now, I would probably still be disassembled and working on a wheelie light, custom headlight, paint motor, cut my fender. There is more I'de like to do and plan to, but scheduled it this way to complete on time. I don't know how fair an extention would be ??

Don't get me wrong i wouln't fight it, but I WILL NOT support it either !:)
That's kind of how I feel to. Adam and I had discussed this a little while back, and we just felt it wouldn't be fair to those who are making sacrifices to be done on time...
 

·
Member
Joined
·
65 Posts
..an extension would make my life more enjoyable so I dont have to stay up till the wee hours everynight. If I didnt slack off so much in the colder months I would probably be riding by now though. I would say the extension wouldnt be fair to people that have their shit together. For me worst case scenerio is that I dont make the deadline but still end up with a kick ass fighter I was building anyways.
 

·
Eff Tee Pee
Joined
·
29,647 Posts
i vote nay.. . but IM not competing for all those prizes. :D
 

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
Joined
·
4,286 Posts
929_adam said:
i vote nay.. . but IM not competing for all those prizes. :D
My bike will only apeal to a few AND
I'm not EVEN gonna win them , but I'm anal about goofy stuff, It has more to do with ME being done and following through on my plan. Not others, So whatever ya'll decide is cool ??:letsride:
 

·
GURU
Joined
·
1,858 Posts
Der Kampfer, wheres your avatar from, I seen it before, But I just don't remember where.

Edit, damn, it's slow, I posted this @ 1:30


Anyway same here, It's just a deadline for me to get done. Having a deadline is good to have.
 

·
Member
Joined
·
65 Posts
enrico vespa said:
Der Kampfer, wheres your avatar from, I seen it before, But I just don't remember where.

Edit, damn, it's slow, I posted this @ 1:30


Anyway same here, It's just a deadline for me to get done. Having a deadline is good to have.
Its a painting done by Frank Frazetta. He was a pretty famous fantasy painter. I was just going through my random images I have collected on my computer and thought it would make a mean looking avatar.
 

·
GURU
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
As much as I would love an extension, I've been busting my ass to get this thing together...not only for the contest but to ride! So I'm going to have to vote fuck no.
 

·
fukstik
Joined
·
1,154 Posts
enrico vespa said:
:rulez: is :rulez:

i agree. i am not in this years. but know how deadlines are. my buddies thought i would have been done with superbeast by last april or may. boy did i fool them i finished the following march! turned into 14 months instead of 4.fukem

rules is rules. do what you can then re-enter next year and finish it. if there is a next year. but you'll need to contend wit me :LolLolLolLol:
 

·
The Philosopher King
Joined
·
296 Posts
i would love one... but i agree its not fair to those who manged their time better and finished on time...i accept my defeat
 

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
Joined
·
17,434 Posts
Man, when I fix and build bikes for customers I end up staying up late for weeks on end trying to get everything done. You guys are babies sometimes.
 

·
The Philosopher King
Joined
·
296 Posts
me staring up late won't get my seat here quicker or solve my paint problem... I am also not a bike mechanic, i have school three days a week work three days a week, leaving me one build day and a few evenings
 

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
Joined
·
16,719 Posts
trav72 said:
As much as I would love an extension, I've been busting my ass to get this thing together...not only for the contest but to ride! So I'm going to have to vote fuck no.
YUP!
 

·
GURU
Joined
·
1,797 Posts
I work 5 days a week and I even go outside when its dark with a lamp from the house and work on the bike in my DRIVEWAY, no garage......just a parking area. I do what I need to do and spend cash even when Im broke and make it up later. Ive been busting my ass getting this stuff done and im sooooooo close. 1 week is gunna be pushing hard but I can get it done.
 

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
Im not in the build off, just lost the whole competitiveness when i was younger, But i agree that it should not be extended. And for those complaining they have work/school. There are people here that work 14-16 hr days, multiple jobs, and they still get shit done, quit bitching and just work on your bike.
 

·
Eff Tee Pee
Joined
·
29,647 Posts
sprbeast said:
i if there is a next year. but you'll need to contend wit me :LolLolLolLol:

oh yes. there WILL be next years. thats why this is :

'THE FIRST ANNUAL CUSTOMFIGHTERS WINTER BUILDOFF'

:metal:
 

·
GURU
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
I work full time, married, have two girls that both have soccer games/practice (I'm the coach for my youngest one) maintain a house with yard work etc. not to mention just the daily time consuming jobs I have to do at home......and I'm able to find time to work on this bike. It WILL be done no matter what. If you can't get your bike finished then drop out.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top