Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BLACK BELT
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was really hard for me to sum up in a brief explanation. I guess, because there's so much to it and I didn't have a chance to gather my thoughts ahead of time.

I have a good friend who's been a master fabricator of race and rally cars for many years. With the economy tanking, he's out of work and looking for something cool to do. He's a great dirt bike rider and has rode most of his life - but never got into street bikes.

So, I'm trying to get him into custom bike and parts fabrication - but he hates choppers and showbikes. He's also a 3-time rally champion - so for him, it's all about performance. He got offered a job at a place that restores old Honda CBs and also builds cafe bikes. He thought the cafe bikes are cool - but he could build way better stuff on his own.

I know fighters are about doing it yourself, but there are a lot of us that need help turning our original ideas into hard parts.

Just need some help to sum up what fighters are about. It's about functional performance and style - but there's more to it than that.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Since he's a rally guy, I would go with the form follows function route. Streetfighters are all about building the highest performing street bike possible. Upright ergos and aggressive geometry for better maneuverability, the biggest/most powerful engine you can fit in the frame/build for when you want to go fast, and stripping all the junk off of the bike so it's just barely street legal because it isn't strictly required to ride a motorcycle.

·
10,893 Posts
this is a loaded question, but for once asked for a decent reason . best i can come up with is performance orientated custom motorcycles

·
Pinstriper4fun
763 Posts
thats what I was gonna say. Just tell him to come hangout here on the site for an hour and he'll be hooked. :)

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Tell him, if it doesn't make it go, stop or turn you don't need it. Then make it look cool.

Reactions: Smoker
1 - 8 of 8 Posts