Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing work with thermoforming acrylic and butyl rubber sealant and I'm trying to decide on a respirator.

Obviously I want something that works. :)

There are so many different types of cartridges I want to make sure I get the right one.

3m has a respirator selection guide but I have to know the exact chemicals I will be in contact with and their ppm in the air, which I have no way to really know or calculate.

Any ideas?

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
you need to look at the msds sheets for the stuff you are working with. See whats in there and if there are any recommendations.

Also fit is extremely important and you need to have a clean shaven face or else don't bother wearing a respirator.

I usually only deal with respirators and filtering out particulate in the air. Any time I have to deal with chemicals I have a fume hood at work.

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks shift, once again always on top of things!

I'm thinking about building a fume hood. Seems like it would just be a hood with a decent fan in it venting outside? Brushless fan so it doesn't spark and light something on fire like solvent fumes or gas fumes or whatever.

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
Slapyer fookin fullface on and ductape it ta yer neck Luke !:knucks:

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slapyer fookin fullface on and ductape it ta yer neck Luke !:knucks:
Glad ya made it home safe Rob I'll be throwing some pics up of the new beast tomorrow!

:thumbsup:

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
very much lookin forward to this BILD .Tha demented screemin Yamy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts