Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Dad has a keen interest in my new VTX, and to be honest it's a bit slow for me. So now I'm thinking I'll get my cb1100f... thing... back on the road.

It's sort of ugly. I'm thinking of ditching the mickey mouse gauges, painting the swingarm and forks black, not sure what else. Maybe change the headlight?

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
Fix that exhaust, add a sweet tail, and call it done.

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Why is everyone keen on changing the tail situation? I love it the way it sits now! Also, I think the light fits good.
I'd get beefier forks or add some covers. Painting them black is also a good idea. Add some mesh or other sort of
cover to protect your legs from the headers right under the seat and for the love of god, cut that fender!

·
ThumpaMonsta
213 Posts
What exhaust is that ? TBH I think the bike look fine as is, maybe change the paint scheme a bit more, put in some more agressive colours. Nothings wrong with the clocks IMHO. Maybe put the clipons underneath the top tree ?

I LOVE YOUR BIKE !

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow thanks for all the responses guys! I think I will stick with these forks simply because I don't want to spend the money on new ones :D

I'll look around for a sweet rear cowl I could modify. First I need to rip the head and jugs off the motor to see where the smoke is coming from. I think it's just valve stem seals, hard rubber from 1983.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'd try to move the pipes so they run parllel the the back of the seat subframe. Leave the tips sticking out ~5-6 inches beyond seat... might have to shorten the cans. I think with that trim piece it would look pretty good! I like the pipe alone back there...they are just too long IMO. Having them point up at a 45 deg angle from the subframe would look killer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts