Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Anyone know what Cagiva have done to the tl1000 engine to restrict it to 105bhp.

I really want to get the 135bhp that the tl motor pushes out in its jap frame.

Thanks in advance
Parky

·
That guy
4,729 Posts
Im not positive however Im pretty sure even the TL1000 is restricted, I would assume the normal things exhaust intake and ecu. MAybe a power commander?

·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Buddy, I have looked and googled and cannot find what they have done to strangle the engine to 105bhp from the standard tl 135bhp, will have to see if my mate will let me try the ecu from his tl.

·
That guy
4,729 Posts
look up the california canyon carvers, few years back they rode TL's almost exclusively and were pulling like 160hp to the rear wheel.

·
I Like Naked Twins!
106 Posts
I know after the original 1997 TLS models all the motors were de-tuned. Pretty sure it was just an ecu thing. As far as your raptor goes I guess I'm not familiar with them. Would do a comparison of TBs like mentioned above and look into power commander, K&N air filter, exhaust upgrade and make that thing pump some air! Think 160 hp would be tough to do at the wheel, maybe at the crank? You could probably pick up some TBs for cheap on TLplanet. Good guys over there and always throwing parts around. Good luck, I'm gonna do some research on this.

·
Commander Cool
9,755 Posts
The cam profile is different too. Am I talking to a brick wall here? The only way you'll get 135hp out of a stock cagiva engine based on the tl/sv series is serious work, it's not a simple swap. It's like sitting in a room full of noobs on SVforum. Even the stock tlr engine made no more than 126bhp at the crank. 160bhp is gonna be a fucking mission.

·
arsing about
2,207 Posts
The cam profile is different too. Am I talking to a brick wall here? The only way you'll get 135hp out of a stock cagiva engine based on the tl/sv series is serious work, it's not a simple swap. It's like sitting in a room full of noobs on SVforum. Even the stock tlr engine made no more than 126bhp at the crank. 160bhp is gonna be a fucking mission.
Hes got 8 different people telling him different things of course he is going to keep asking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, Anyone know what Cagiva have done to the tl1000 engine to restrict it to 105bhp. I really want to get the 135bhp that the tl motor pushes out in its jap frame. Thanks in advance Parky
Hi I’ve been reading up on these. And while I can’t answer your question I too am thinking of buying one and want to derestrict it. However your confusing the tl1000 power and the tl1000r. I was reading the tl1000r has a better fuel injection system to the tl1000 amongst other things. I think the real power is the standard tl1000 at 120bhp. And according to mcn that’s to the back wheel? So I’ll be interested to find out how to do that myself then I may buy this one I’ve got my eye on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've read elsewhere that Cagiva measured the power at the back wheel (as the italians often do) and the Suzuki was measured at the output shaft and the power gap was not as large. When the TL1000 was fitted to the prototype it gave the test riders the willies in the diminutive Cagiva frame and hence the detune. Not so much a detune but a retune to give the bike real world road performance with a fatter mid range at the expense of some top end power. You may destroy the bikes flexibility with any mods. I gotta say my V Raptor is plenty quick and any mods would only be if you were trying to keep up with litre fours on very straight roads.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts