Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone I don't know if i did an update but the bike survived my trip to ATL and back with little issues (only real issue is that my cheap chain keeps on stretching, but I think I might have found another issue with that) If it keeps getting worse I'll just go back get a nice high end chain and go from there.

Anyway, so I made a cool headlight bracket for my round bucket headlight but I couldn't attach it to the forks because of clearance issues so right now it is attached to the fairing stay. well now I have come to the point where I want to get rid of the gauges and the fairing stay so I can attached everything to the forks.

So I came up with a cool idea to have my phone be my speedometer, I don't really need a tach as I'm not racing it but I like my fuel and temp gauges, so I was wondering how feasible is it to take the cluster apart and separate the gauges and put them in a smaller housing while chucking the speedo tacho and a the other things I don't need?

its not in great condition so I can't really sell the gauges so I'm not to worried about that but I'm just curious.

Reactions: MikeGyver

·
Registered
145 Posts
depends on how the cluster is and how much you wanna get your hands into. mine were all separate gauges on one dashboard, each had its own wires. popped them out, finished 2 tall boy Mickeys cans, cut them, got some pipe clamps and aluminum and tada "custom" gauges

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
depends on how the cluster is and how much you wanna get your hands into. mine were all separate gauges on one dashboard, each had its own wires. popped them out, finished 2 tall boy Mickeys cans, cut them, got some pipe clamps and aluminum and tada "custom" gauges
Guess this falls under the tear it apart and try it out catagory

Reactions: Cookie2000ad

·
Registered
145 Posts
quick image search and looks like you may be able to do what a few other on here did ( if you like that style and such) from what it looks like you have round individual gauges in a dashboard, pop those bad boys out, find a can you like or hell if you want sturdy and discrete get the diameter and black pvc piping that fits, some rubber cement for water proof and cheap gauge pod ready for mounting

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well took the cluster apart and that is the easy part the hard part will be re routing all the wires and figuring out how to make new connectors, I'm trying not to destroy the wiring harness but this will be difficult

It's going to be a long, long weekend but it should be hella rewarding.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so after running around for 2 hours today I think I have all the part I need to get this thing built I only have one hurdle left, I need to figure out how to get the wires from my soon to be constructed cluster to the wiring harness and I really do not wish to do that but there are no female connectors and the male just kinda slides, I dont have a picture of the male end yet but her is the side on the back of the stock cluster any Ideas?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm making my own dash so nothing pre-made the male ends I don't want to chop off because I don't want to cut the main harness because I don't want to deal with all that spaghetti. Not yet since I'm not really aloud to work on vehicles where I live. I do measure ments and assembly after hours. And cutting and making a new loom although the way to do it will have to wait until I can get a garage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts