Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first got on a bike before i can remember. my pops used to sit me in front of him when i was very little and take me on rides thru the prarie ( i used to live in SD).
I first rode a bike when i moved to the NE. my cuz had a pw 50 on his farm, and that was it. i was hooked.
i didnt get my own dirtbike for about 5 years after my first taste of riding, but rode the occasional friends bikes here and there.
went thru a kdx 80 (bored to 100) -age 12, and an xr 250 (way too big for me then)up to age 16.

then there was a break for alcoholism.

when i turned 20 i got my learners permit and started riding my fathers 1982 kz1000 (heck of a beginners bike :rock: ). that only lasted so long because i got a Driving to Endanger on it. From there, a friend let me ride his (way too big for him) 929. that sealed the deal. within a year i got my first 929 and a year later, i bought the 929 off my friend, when he realized it was too much for him (after puttin it down for a 3rd time).

now here i am. garage full of bikes. setting up bikes at a dealership. and helping run a website devoted to the love of 2 wheeled machines!

:yeah:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
hhmmmi got started late...i grew up on welfare with a step father that hated me...so no fun toys for me...when i was 17 a friend of mine that used to ride dirt bought a street bike...a 72 honda cb350four. He let me take it down his street and back and from that moment on i had to have a bike.. Couple months go by and he buys a 78 550four and I buy the 350 with every cent i got from my HS graduation party...a whopping $300 lol Rode it all summer..everywhere from newport to Hampton Beach...then in the fall back and for to RIC for a year...after school ended..and no one had a bike...it was having a couple issues so I sold it for what i paid for it...still regret it...next vehicle was a convertible low ride s-10...then i got into VW's...fast forward to 00 when i moved to NC. My roomate wanted a bike and it was time for me to get another one...i bought my dream bike...the chromed out gsxr-600 limited squid edition....looped it and bought the Z about 6 mons later.....

the short answer is about 12 years..lol

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigRed875 said:
the short answer is about 12 years..lol
woops i forgot to do the math....

17 years ago - i first got on a bike
12 years ago - i got my first dirtbike
3 years ago - i got my first streetbike.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
rode friends dirt bikes at age 10.. was riding a kx 125 form like 14-17..

bought a kdx 200 that was in pieces and rebuilt that shit when i was 18-20

moved to ri when i was 21 in 2002, bought my gixxer in july of 2003:party:

looped the bike on memorialday of 2004.. and had rebuilt to ride one year later (last year).

riding in dirt to now is 12 Years...
street bike is 3 years munus one year = 2 :LolLolLolLol: years and 15000 street miles

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lordofillusions said:
9 minutes

fuck you cracka

and all 9 minutes were at top speed! :rock:

·
117 Posts
almost exactly 2 years... im so happy i actually pulled the trigger and got a bike. i had never riden one before the motorcycle safety class adn my second time out i drove my bike home an hour from west bridgewater.... third time i rode it i dropped it lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
Since I was 6. So 24, almost 25 years.

Started riding an RV90 Suzuki beach bike when I could hardly reach the ground, up untill then, I'd been hanging on for dear life behind Dad on his GT750, and before that, sitting on the tank since I could sit. So actually, about 29 years I guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts