Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

How Much Does This Build Mean To You?

• Oh yeah, I forgot I entered.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just another day at the office.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • It's great, but I've got other shit going on too.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • FUCK THE WORLD. BUILDOFF IS GOSPEL.

Votes: 11 47.8%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beause it means fucking everything to me. I think about it all day every day. I wake up and ask myself what I'm gonna do to progress with my bike. It keeps me from sitting idly and drinking again. This buildoff is all I have going for me right now. Thanks to this buildoff I'm worth something until late May.

So what about you? Do you build bikes for a living and this is just another notch on your belt while you wait for the new season of your favorite shitty TV sitcom to air? Is the budget for your build just peanuts compared to what you make or do you skip meals to buy parts?

·
10,966 Posts
if i wasn't building 3 bikes that are being documented in streetfighters, a bobber for my mate, doing the fab on another mates fireblade , along with all the other bits and bobs .......and a 45hr a week full time job

i'd be hell for leather trying to win

but as it stands i'll be an also ran

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's more if a motivational tool as I have zero chance of competing with all the Kickass bikes

competing with REAL builders, as intimidating as it is sometimes, pushes me to try harder and keep on it.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i wasn't building 3 bikes that are being documented in streetfighters, a bobber for my mate, doing the fab on another mates fireblade , along with all the other bits and bobs .......and a 45hr a week full time job

i'd be hell for leather trying to win

but as it stands i'll be an also ran
I guess the rest of us outta be thanking our lucky stars you ARE this busy, otherwise we'd be fucked.

·
Registered
752 Posts
when girly was outa town for a week this was my only recreation. shes back now fucking sucks. and i got that 40hour pain in the ass to deal with too.

also dont want to actually think about possibly winning because odds are its not gonna happen.

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
I dig it, skipping some drinking as well to pay for parts. Trying to lose weight as well so my focus is split. Realized I suck at doing more than two or three things. Work, lifting/eating, and building a bike is about all I can muster.

Nate

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
i just entered bec a few birdies whispered in my ear so they could look better. and it worked. i havent got shit done and i dont know when i will. i have a few early shifts this week and what not so we will see. im itching like no ones bidness but hey if i get most of it done ill be happy.

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
It's something to keep me occupied during the weekend. This is just me unwinding after work. My goal is to spend less next week than I spent this week. Guess cos the scoot doesn't run and it's not really mine, there's no pressure on me. I just wanted to be the first to actually fucking enter a scooter into the buildoff.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
when girly was outa town for a week this was my only recreation. shes back now fucking sucks. and i got that 40hour pain in the ass to deal with too.

also dont want to actually think about possibly winning because odds are its not gonna happen.
I'm not gonna win either. I knew that I had to work on the bike over the Winter anyways so I figured why not enter it in the buildoff? It's also a good excuse to dump money into my bike and do all the things I've always wanted to do to it.

·
Mullets rule
425 Posts
To me it's a good motivation. Now that I have some money coming in again after changing jobs I'm getting some work done, but I probably won't be able to afford all of the stuff that I need to finish the bike till after the build off. But I can weld up as much stuff as I want on my breaks at work, plus my dad said he'd buy the rest of the stuff that I need for my welder that I have at home. So the new front end might not happen, and I might have to use my old wheel on the rear, but I have the new swingarm almost mounted and the seat/tail looks like it'll be pretty cool and I'm most likely going to make a custom gastank. I'd like to also do the custom exhaust, but that might cost a bit too much for materials.
If it wasn't for the build off I probably wouldn't have stared on this bike yet and finished my zx10 over the winter instead.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To me it's a good motivation. Now that I have some money coming in again after changing jobs I'm getting some work done, but I probably won't be able to afford all of the stuff that I need to finish the bike till after the build off. But I can weld up as much stuff as I want on my breaks at work, plus my dad said he'd buy the rest of the stuff that I need for my welder that I have at home. So the new front end might not happen, and I might have to use my old wheel on the rear, but I have the new swingarm almost mounted and the seat/tail looks like it'll be pretty cool and I'm most likely going to make a custom gastank. I'd like to also do the custom exhaust, but that might cost a bit too much for materials.
If it wasn't for the build off I probably wouldn't have stared on this bike yet and finished my zx10 over the winter instead.
what are you missing for your front end swap? Rear wheel swap?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.