Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a little looking around and didn't really see anything that answers my question which is how does one go about choosing the right spring and forks?

What goes into choosing the right suspension?
Why would anyone swap parts other than quality or condition?

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
closely match to stock suspension you have on your bike if you are just looking for a different look. BUT if you want softer or stiffer suspension you can deviate or make the "close" setup adjustable.

Spring rate, shock length, linkage style, ratio, and placement are all things to look at when choosing the rear suspension to use.

spring rate, fork length, fork offset, axle diameter and brake caliper options are things to consider when looking for forks.

Overlooking one or more factors can lead to the wrong buy or extra work that keeps your project stalled.

5-6 years ago when i first started swapping forks for a better look and ride i just picked the cheapest and best looking i could find. (first buy wouldn't work at all, wasted $200 and build time) That turned out to be ride-able, but i regretted alot. Once i showed up here i learned the information you can find on almost any given part to build almost exactly what you want/need

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im brand new. Ive got an sv1000s 03' 11,000km. I wanted to do some looking into mods. I watched a show years ago and the ??irish or scotish guy was like the grandfather of street fighters. He did a fork swap from a gsxr and id like to know where or who would know how to do that right. I have talent here but dont want to just guess at rake etc.

Anyone know where or who?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts