Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
521 - 540 of 558 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Whats Up CF? Saying hello from the great white north. B.C. Canada.

New to bikes but not to customizing. My first passion is 4 wheeling. Been working on my 2000 tj for the last 16 years. Heres a pic of it just after finishing a 4" front stretch and custom 3 link suspension.

So I was talking with one of my employees who rides telling him i'd love to find a cheap project bike. He says "I got the perfect project for ya" with a smile!

So I'm now the "proud" owner of a 1990 gsx600f Katana.

He had wiped out on it so there was damage to the right side fairing, headlight plastic and mount, right side bar and lever and exhaust.

He had completly dissasemled the bike down to just motor and frame. Everything was labeled and all bolts were in seperate labelled bags for each part. He got lazy and bought a new bike so the Kat sat in his shed for years.

"$50 and its yours"

So I loaded into the back of my xj and brought it home.

Been looking at all the kat builds on here last couple weeks and can't wait to get started. When I do I'll start a build thread cuase I'll need lots of help. Not planning anything to drastic to start, basically a naked bike with new headlight, guages and exhaust. But knowing me once I've ridden for awhile mor mods will come.

Everything on my jeep was done by me. I'm no mechanic but learned from friends and forums like this.

· Thunderace
22 Posts
Hey ya !

i've been following this site for couple of years and now decided to join in.
I have had KTM exc125 supermoto and Husaberg 650 FS after army.

Now i'm studying as a mechanical engineer and bougt myself first "sportbike" to build fighter or atleast something like that. I will write some story about it later. Anyhow, here is the picture when i first got it in november:

· Thunderace
22 Posts
Hey ya !

i've been following this site for couple of years and now decided to join in.
I have had KTM exc125 supermoto and Husaberg 650 FS after army.

Now i'm studying as a mechanical engineer and bougt myself first "sportbike" to build fighter or atleast something like that. I will write some story about it later. Anyhow, here is the picture when i first got it in november:
Picture edit*
And sorry about my bad english :kenny:

· Registered
1,449 Posts
Cool bike Nitrous Jim. There was an issue of superstreetbike a coupla years ago w/ a wicked Buell streetfighter in it. Ill look to see if can find the digital addition and post it.

521 - 540 of 558 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.