Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
use an air compressor....stick the nozzle under the grip....pull trigger....air lifts it right off...just pull. You can use same method to install. Cake. :party-smiley:

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
DougZ said:
use an air compressor....stick the nozzle under the grip....pull trigger....air lifts it right off...just pull. You can use same method to install. Cake. :party-smiley:
+1 ^^^ That's how I do it ! ^^^

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
^^ that is really the best way to go, to get them on esp.

i usually just cut mine off with a blade tho.

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I didn't have an aircompressor, but I stuck a thin screwdriver under the grip and smoved it around the circumference(sp?) on the grip. Then I used a vice grip to pull it off. One came off fine, the other came off with rips.

Not sure if this would work, but office supply stores have air in a can. PPl in offices use it to clear off the crevises in ther keyboards. It comes with a thin tube and depending how much it costs, it may be a decent substitute for an air compressor.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
WD40 and a long thin screwdriver. Stick the screw driver in, then stick the straw for the WD40 in along side it and give it a shot. Work the screwdriver around carefully so you don't rip them, and it should slide right off.

To put them back on use hairspray to lube them before you slide em on; only a little bit though. The good thing about hairspray is it dries with some tackyness too it (as long as you dont use too much) so the grips stay in place.

·
4,286 Posts
If you don't have a compressor the next best way.
Put your glue on the bars and just barely wet the inside of the grip with water and VERRY little dish soap. Get it almost dry, then slide it on. When it evaporates, the glue WILL stick ! ;)

·
4,286 Posts
( 2 cent smiley goes here )

If you wheelie, stunt, manhandle your bars and bike ???

Glue the shit out of them, and safty wire them also !

:party-smiley:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts