Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

How to remove the Drive Sprocket...?

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  tsukuyomi79 
#1 ·
As most of y'all know, I am having to change my front sprocket to match my rear pitch (525) BUT, all of the videos I find on youtube ONLY show how to remove the sprocket with a chain...HOW THE FUUUCK asm I supposed to take this damn thing off without a chain on it? Obviously, I can't put the bike in gear to remove it, or it fucks up the tranny...I'm a a TOTAL loss here...ANY SUGGESTIONS? Thanks!

#3 ·
That was my first thought...then my immediate thought after that, "fuck, I don't have an air compressor, impact wrench, OR a way to transport the bike to someone that does."

#8 ·
Kinda makes sense....

Btw, did the "Secret Santa" shirt fit, ShinyRibs? I didn't know what size to get you...lol.

#19 ·
Peachy. :) Covers my ribs nicely. Thank you sir.

Still working on getting my girl to sew on the patch. <-Loved that.

Awesome bro!!! Glad you liked it! :)

#7 ·
Now that I am thinking about it, an impact WILL work, even though I don't have a chain on it, right?

#10 ·
Ok, cool! Sounds like I'll be buying an electric impact tomorrow...

Sent from my FingerFookin device a.k.a. smart phone.

G
#16 ·
Yes 5th theres less strain on the gearbox that way

Another option is to put s small piece thin of wood in front of the sprocket to protect the crankcase & then wrap an old piece of chain around the sprocket until it jams this will hold if the sprocket is not super tight

#18 ·
That's why I always keep an old shitty chain around. I just loop it around and shove a screwdriver down through it to tie it together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.