Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
( NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE CORRECT SECTION? )

Quick how to....did this too my baby blade a few months back.

I thought it might be benificial to a few people here who either dont know how to go about it or would like to give is a bash.

All info is from my thread on another forum i frequent ( scooternations ) im also a moderator on said forum.

........................................................................................................................

Found this horrible little bugger on my end can...

So now is the perfect time to Stubby the end can.

Tools used: rivet gun and rivets, hacksaw, tape measure.....and a drill but not pictured....

Firstly, determine how long you want the end can, i opted for a 10 inch can ( excluding ends ), mark and make the cut.

I found using the exhaust hanger bracket was ideal for insuring a straight cut.

Drill out the old rivets from the back or front depending on which part you are keeping...

once the can is in half and the rivets from the other end are removed, remove the baffle tube discard/keep what you need to re-join the can..

quick mock up as i am rather impatient!

once everything is in place, re-rivet and you are done :thumbup:

Finished and looking rather sweet :cool:

And i know you want a video so here it is.......

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Good little write up. Wish we got cbr400 in the states that frame and swingarm look pretty fucking dope

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys.

Good little write up. Wish we got cbr400 in the states that frame and swingarm look pretty fucking dope
I think i met a guy on a forum that had an nc29, he also lives in the usa.

there are two cbr400 'babyblade' models..

NC23

NC29.

They both have the same engine, nc29's engine has slightly different clutch and stator cases but make around the same power.

I have actually owned both, nc29 above and this was my nc23 that i didnt get to finish :/

started to fight it, r6 tail....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts