Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

I recently bought a CB900F 1980 which I'm rebuilding to a "Bratstyle-look".

The bike has clip on-handlebars. But I want to use a standard 7/8" handlebar. The upper triple tree fork bridge bridge that's mounted now do not allow me to put in risers. And I can't find out if the 1980 model came with handlebars. So I'm trying to find out if I can use a fork bridge from a 1981 or other model that already has risers. I know that a fork bridge from a CB900C 1980 doesn't fit.

I would much appreciate your expertise in this matter.

Thank you from a first time builder in Sweden.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
I have a complete 900f front end that I'm getting rid have that is set up with risers from the factory. Sounds to me like you might have a Bold'or. They always had clip ons. All you have to do is either drill the top triple and get some risers off of eBay or you can try and find a regular 900f top triple already setup. They are hard to find. If you have any more questions there are a couple of other cb guys here besides me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Did I understand you correctly that you have a upper bridge with risers that you want to get rid off?

It is a Bol d'Or. The problem is that the upper bridge doesn't allow me to drill and mount risers. So from what I understand I have three options:

1. Change the whole steering stem from maybe a -81, because that model came with risers.

2. Find a upper bridge for a -80 that someone has already modified with risers. Hard as you say, and I don't think it will look good unless that person somehow filled in the wholes where the fusebox used to be.

2. Find a upper bridge with risers that will fit on the steering stem on the -80. I've had contact with a person from Ebay. According to him a upper bridge from a -81 will fit on the -80. But maybe he only want to make a sell.

Attachments

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
It should the only thing you have to be careful of is the fork diameter. One of the years has 37mm forks while the others have 39mm forks. And yes my entire front end will be for sale very soon

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
Could always drop a newer front end on it, make sure its the right length and sprung well enough to support an old air cooled Honda, Honda tended to use the same steering stem for many models, has no one done a fork swap on one?

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
I am putting a zx9 on mine...there are very few front ends that will work with just a conversion kit...and I'm not sure of the ones that will. An F2/3 might be very close. A lot of cb guys will bore their triples out to 41mm to accept the F3 forks as the spacing and offset is the same

1 - 6 of 6 Posts