Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fighter 4 Christ
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my bender from metalbendingtool.com the Pro2 Bender. Have a hard time committing to mounting into my shed floor or my new slab of concrete. so i mocked it up on 2 rounded treated 4x4 timbers with one square timber that is held in place by the weight of my 12x12x12 shed

my crappy welds

my first bend, which is multiple bends in one to get this angle. Tube is 1" carbon steel .120" welded wall. i got this far into the bend before finding out the hard way that i only tack welded the top of the bender in. quite impressive in my mind that simple tack welds held in place to bend this tube this far!

suck thing is that the pins make these ugly marring marks

I've seen in other threads of making a pin sleeve with half a tube welded laterally so to guide the tubing, but doesn't rid of marring completely. will likely go this route.

The bender is comparable in design to the harbor freight, BUT this unit is American Made and Warranted for life.

first impression is that the fit and finish could be better. Something I'd come to expect of harbor freight. It IS cheap but I would have hoped for a better fit. some pin holes look jagged and rough around the edges. The wonderful thing with this machine is that the tubing dies are super cheap compared to the REAL Pro Tools Benders and such. 300+ for theirs, versus 76 bucks shipped for the 1" tubing die. There is an included video that even shows how to make a die for whatever you want.

Now the bend....the bend isn't the cleanest thing i've ever seen, but will get the job done for what i want. I was never really accused of being a perfectionist. The bent section does get a bit wider versus real mandrel bent tubing. But again, good enough for my work/desires.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
pretty cool, seems like a descent setup for the price. Ive never seen a bender of this type that can bend round tube, usually just flat bar.

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
Looks like it's workable, but yeah, those pin marks have got to go. Maybe use bearings to keep them from binding?

·
Fighter 4 Christ
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll have to get pictures of the tube itself, but i used scrap 2x3 wood studs and it came out great! just a mock up

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts