Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i saw this a while back on Facebook I think. Huge Moro is one of those start up company's on a crowdfunding sites. If you haven't seen this yet what they offer is a convertion kit to take a cbr1000rr (only bike offered at this time) from a full fairing to a bobbed streetfighter esk bike...

What are you thought, feelings, rants, and love poems to this one click add to cart streetfighter conversion?

(my 2 cents) I like the look of the bike and I would like have one but that being said I think and it's my opinion is that a streetfighter is something you craft... it has sweat equity. A naked factory bike can be really close but not there yet. So I dislike the one click to your door mentality.

·
old fart
3,793 Posts
3 grand for a headlight and seat..

not even sure I have 3 grand into my whole bike.. so.. i dunno not my cup of tea.
if the non stock bits on that are part of the "KIT" then it is more than just a seat and h/lamp!
looks to have Galfer discs, Ohlins shock, Moto gadget dash, rear sets and trick levers (might have trick M/c's)
All cost $$$$$$$$

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/you-can-transform-your-honda-cbr1000rr-into-huge-motos-1729836536
"but it’s important to note that the kit does not include a black tank, exhaust system, Ohlins suspension, or black hoses."

3 grand for a headlight and seat..

not even sure I have 3 grand into my whole bike.. so.. i dunno not my cup of tea.
^^That.

Plus for me the point of doing a streetfighter of cafe is the process of making one. Buying a bolt on kit and having it done in a few days isn't really what i'm in it for. My favourate mag, Bike, started running an "in depth" cafe bike build a few months ago and i thought it would be cool. Month 2: "Bought a cafe kit from blah-blah-blah" and i lost interest.

I think they might sell a couple but it isn't a business model i'd think. Dunno what their break-even or profit mark might be but i don't think they're gonna be millionaires from it.

·
old fart
3,793 Posts
"in depth" cafe bike build a few months ago and i thought it would be cool. Month 2: "Bought a cafe kit from blah-blah-blah" and i lost interest.

on the other hand, how many times have you seen posted "will get round to it sometime etc etc bla bla bla, wife, kids, house, car, job or garden all getting in the way of build bla bla bla might get to ride it one day bla bla" before the dream of having their own "streetfighter" dies a death, or they get someone else to finish it off for them

there are folk out there who will like the idea of being able to "just have one for 3K" and be able to go out and ride it/park it at the local cafe/post pics on line. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
The price for what you get is insane! You could build it yourself for way less. But theres always that market for people that dont want to figure out how to make it work and just want a bolt on/plug and play setup. Just like how now you can buy a fit kit to drop a VR6 in a mk1 volkswagen. 8 years ago you had to fab engine mounts and custom make everything. Now you can go to blackforest and buy a kit that comes with everything you need to make it work...

So i guess props to those guys for realizing that people want these types of bikes but dont want to actually build them. And if you were smart and had a motorcycle shop you would get hooked up with companies like this, buy the kits at a discounted price then offer to do the builds at your shop for people and make even more money.

·
Angry Northerner
324 Posts
The price for what you get is insane! You could build it yourself for way less. But theres always that market for people that dont want to figure out how to make it work and just want a bolt on/plug and play setup. Just like how now you can buy a fit kit to drop a VR6 in a mk1 volkswagen. 8 years ago you had to fab engine mounts and custom make everything. Now you can go to blackforest and buy a kit that comes with everything you need to make it work...

So i guess props to those guys for realizing that people want these types of bikes but dont want to actually build them. And if you were smart and had a motorcycle shop you would get hooked up with companies like this, buy the kits at a discounted price then offer to do the builds at your shop for people and make even more money.
:dito: ^^That.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
I can't wait for the build thread of some newb to pop up featuring a cbr1000 and a huge moto streetfighter kit....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like bobbed fighters and I dig the headlight but not the kit... If they want to make money they should stick with the plug and play headlights and branch out to different bike models

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I prefer one off's, be it from a kit, bought, or built. Last thing I want to see is another fighter that looks exactly the same as mine (if I ever get one built)
Exactly. And exactly why I picked a bike as a starting point that's rare around these hills as is, I have a feeling more of the Finnish gixxers are fightered than in their factory spec by now. To this date ONE outsider has recognised my bike, and even he thought it's a speed triple. As said before, the way I see it, a streetfighter is a journey not a goal. I'd call anyone riding one of those a squidfighter.

To put in one sentence, in my opinion a mass produced streetfighter is a paradoxal oxymoron.

Reactions: yantosh
1 - 20 of 65 Posts