Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I wish I knew how to make the pics i post bigger if you know tell me and I will fix it.

H-18 was thought up in 07-08? and was my first 100% under my control project. I have had experience with 12-15 degree head tubes as that is what my dad likes to run and had researched it alot before we started. I knew that making a bike with a wet weight of 360lbs was no problem. I knew if I could tighten the motor up to kick out 90+ hp I should be competitive. Even when agenst 20-30 hp advantage bikes, super twins / boxer cup bikes. And I knew that I had the skill to make up in the corners for what i would loose in the straight. And I was correct. but this only ment that it is a tight track weapon. At North Florida I would run the expert track days with all 130-160hp $30k superbikes. I never got passed. But when I wanted to pas I had to be .... um lets say force the isue a tad. (never dangerous)

Now I feel I am starting to fighur out body posture and weight distribution and have all the bugs worked out. for that bike. because any racer will tell every bike is different, even if it is a exact copie. so I go to dyno it and I go Oh shit fuck me Im only getting 75-77 HP SHIT turns out I have low compression due to a cylinder wall slowly going away.

Now it is turned into a show bike, (keep in mind Im doing most of this work after hrs in my own living room) so its slow going. But Im not looking for BIG changes just little tweaks to make it polished. This is why I feel it is redy for a full tear down and repaint and coat everything. and i feel it will be redy for a high calliber show.

So parts are as listed (and when I say custom I mean made with my own two hands "custom")

Motor- a 944 Hi-comp Vee-Two pistons at 11.5:1
Vee-Two hot cams. with TI valves
Light weight clutch basket (W/cut back case)
FCR 41mm's with K&N pod filters (175 main)
ECU or brain. is a adjustable and programmable model from Kazakhstan
Slight port matching and smoothing on intake manifolds
All electronics are connected by custom harness (weight is apx. 2-3 oz)
Drive train-
520 EX red chain, 998 Modded SSSA with custom tublar sharks fin &chain gaurd. With 14 /36 gearing.

Exhaust - is custom step up system into Devil red carbon race cans.

Suspension - Is Ohlins R/T front and rear with a rear remote adjuster for on the fly adjustments.

Rims are 848 Y-spoke Forged rear and stock front (the rear is what will improve your acceleration better) I had to do a secret Mod to the frontend to accept the 848 brake rotors.

Brakes - are Brembo gold line all around.

Controls - Are Brembo GP radial Billet clutch M/C and Brembo radial brake M/C with folding levers. reservoirs are mounted with only small ones GP style.

Triples - Are custom made just for the Ohlins forks. (triple bolt bottom and signal bolt top).

Tank - is a 998 fitted for a petcock with a straight gravity feed system to the carbs.

Tail & seat - are one pice custom all metal (apx 3lbs)

If you look carefully there are tail lights in between the exhaust and the bike is registered and does pass inspection.

The foot rest are stock 998 as well as the rear brake and there is a DP race shifter on it.
Shifting is also easier for the wheelies.

there is a Mad Duck clutch spring retainer. (red)
A gold oil fil cap (stm)
And all belt covers and mounting hardware were removed for the raw look.

Please ask questions and feel free to cretisize or give advice (just don't say shit about my spelling ...or lack there of. lol)

Attachments

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
awful spellin mate;)

nice work keep on postin OK'

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts
I fucking love this bike!! Most might notice I don't say a damn thing about anyone's bikes as they just are not my style/taste/etc. but this particular machine is raw, gritty, nasty, part swapped, ratty in the right ways, and overall a perfect, shining example of, "get the point across", sort of building.

Dunno why he had red knucks earlier but when I saw his Duc, I repped him and gave him green ones. This dude gets it. ;)

*Edit*

Upon thinking a bit about it, that bike reminds me so much of Zed, my 360, and the WBRW projects all rolled into one bike.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thank you all for the warm introduction to your club. And I promise that after I get more then a Hr and a half of sleep in two days I will go back and correct the spelling. lol And on top of it all my stripper / model girlfriend feancia will be here in a day or two and I have got to get my house chick ready of I wont be getting any for a few days. lol

Now I did have a gopro of a 45 minute session at N. Florida when I was running down those SBK'S. Along with a few stills of what even I would call a incredible lean angle coming out of turn 13? (the last turn before the start line.) But the very next weekend when i was doing some more testing at N. Florida we had a total loss shop and house fire. (shop and house were next to each other.) so I lost my factory Muzzy Raptor leathers, all my pics from as far back as Daytona and my first race at CMP. Everything was gone. the only reason I have my bikes I have now is because they were with me at the track. and we have a big barn where we keep a few under covers. I was homeless for about 18 months. going from friends house to girlfriends house (in Germany) and Hawaii.

But I do have a spare motor for when I want to race it once more and next summer im game for it.

·
Currently Feckless
332 Posts
- my stripper / model girlfriend

- a incredible lean angle coming out of turn 13? (the last turn before the start line.)

- big barn where we keep a few under covers.

- girlfriends house (in Germany) and Hawaii.

- we have made and ran our own wheels and asked Dymag if they would partner up with us to help keep our cost down. and they said no then about 9 months later they introduced the first carbon fiber motorcycle rim. THAT WAS US!
(last one from another thread)

Sorry, but - custard ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
(last one from another thread)

Sorry, but - custard ;)
Can you be a bit more clear. Your English slang sounds like something out of a Austin Powers movie. lol

My spidey sense is picking up doubt.

·
Currently Feckless
332 Posts
Can you be a bit more clear. Your English slang sounds like something out of a Austin Powers movie. lol

My spidey sense is picking up doubt.
Hehe, 'Austin Powers'
:doh:

born and bred mate, no Septic imitations here :)

Well, Mr. Parker, you'd be right - afaik, The Custard Test first originated on PistonHeads, a U.K. based car forum. This is the best thread I can find (the members get owned big hehe) - http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=181&t=1131090&mid=0&i=0&nmt=just+bought+a+m3+CSL%2E+&mid=0

Don't get me wrong, that bike is mint and I admire you for having made it :shocker:

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Well, Mr. Parker, you'd be right - afaik, The Custard Test first originated on PistonHeads, a U.K. based car forum. This is the best thread I can find (the members get owned big hehe) - http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=181&t=1131090&mid=0&i=0&nmt=just+bought+a+m3+CSL%2E+&mid=0
Nice! I for one, am looking forward to seeing a stripper covered in custard. And a home made carbon wheel. That would actually be hotter.

FCR 41mm's with K&N pod filters (175 main)
ECU or brain. is a adjustable and programmable model from Kazakhstan
What exactly does this Kazak ECU ("or brain") do?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! I for one, am looking forward to seeing a stripper covered in custard. And a home made carbon wheel. That would actually be hotter.

Ok I just got back from my doctor and he put a new cast on my leg because my calcanuis is shattered. So it will take me a day or so. Buy I will get you a pic within 48hrs and you can tell me what angle you want the shots from. I have just a few bare rims but one whole wheel we made as our concept that worked and we used but we couldn't afford the money to take it on a large production scale. (that's why we asked Dymag to be partners)

What exactly does this Kazak ECU ("or brain") do?
The programmable ECU for a carbie advances the ignition, the spark dwell time plus about 10 other things and you can change them at 500rpm intervals. also a rev limiter in there. I have my rev limiter set to about 11k rpm but power drops off at about 8k rpm. I do that because rather then have to grab a gear in mid corner and then imeadtley flip back I can float the motor and bike faster and be redy to get on the power sooner for the next exit.

And I have heard of measuring the volume to determine squish. its old school but aucrate. (so custard means Bull Shit?)

And the first thing my girl is going to be covered in is sweat (from me), some KY maby, and lots of baby gravie, while she is in just her stilettos for daddy (that's me lol)

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Mention your girl one more time and you will have to post pics...

It's the rules of the internet man. It's science and shit....
Oh and they don't haaaaave to be nudes, but I mean....
:D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ALRIGHT Just this once. and never agen. because she is all mine and it makes my hart happier that way. but ok. She is in this pic with her best friend and once 3 people guess the correct girl i will confirm. (Ps. she is from Maryland)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok here is stage one of development, make a carbon rim. (done)

Stage two, use our also first of its kind. and still to date. hub and spokes, we do it like that so if you have our wheels and you change bikes you only have to by a new hub and everything eles still works, it cuts down the cost for the customer.

Then like I said we used our carbon rim and Dymag center to show them a product that we would like to go into partners with them. (now does our prototype we showed Dymag look anything like what there first carbon product looks like?)

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts
:LolLolLolLol:

I knew I liked this dude from the start, and it just keeps getting better and better! Forget the nay sayers and questioning, keep posting awesome stuff man. This sort of thing is what CF was all about when I first joined, people doing innovative and new things with their own two hands and a bit of ingenuity.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
U need better pics, specially for the fotm entry. Awesome bike like that needs some good quality pics
This was my very first "photo shoot" and normally I just show up at some event and I have 2-3 of true professionals ask to take some photos. and bada boom bada bing, its over faster the the first time you had sex. and a bit the same as you don't know quite whats going on lol.

But I had the bike in the house before I heard about the contest (or this forum lol, Ps you guys are FUCKING AWESOME! well 1 or 2 would like come cheese with there wine lol)
Anyway, soo the bike was inside and I was injured before I meet you guys. And it has gone to shit even more. So I would like to get the bike out of the house and take the pics in the middle of a bridge over a river. It would be so much better to of had natural light.

But my foot is wrapped up tighter then my girls VJJ (lol) just before I wreck it with my fuck stick. so I honestly cant move more then 10-20 feet. And while some one said eirler that my dad must be proud of me. He is But his illness causes him to be forget full, moodie and payornoied. So I cant count on him to help me even move the bike (I asked and he wont).
The best help I can get from him now is for him to not interfere with my builds.

Thank you guys (ALL OF YOU BASTERDS lol) but my dad was the master mind behind the Carbon rim and all the testing involved. I took orders then. He also was the one who decided to go with the 15-18 degree head tubes after reading and studding Tony Foale's books. Then I forced My creativity diligently time after time till he ok (I think I just onied him so much he had to give me a try.) and I started with the "why not" thought, not the "why". The more people who said it couldn't be done, the more I did "what couldn't be done or wouldn't work.)

So NOW I am the one to make the impossible possible. And this is my very own start. With H-18, and yes I already have H-19 half way done, im going to use a Ape rs250 tank and one pice tail. With a even crazier frame design. More art work in it.

Anyway if im long winded right now, its the drugs the doctors have me on right now :stars: lol but I feel I should put this news out there because im soo excited, but I just got accepted into the International Motorcycle Show at first sight. They even have preped me for when i get there saying "when you get there you going to have lots of interviews for magazines and perhaps even a cupple questions from a TV crew or two. WOW HOLEY SHIT!!! (I think someone might of remembered who I am? idk?) Any way FUCK YA!!! so I will be in with the "Performance custom" category. and Im going in to this with the thought just to hold my own. and be thought of as someone to worrie about if i might beat them. Altho i want to make it clear I am going in with NO expectation of winning 1st.
So now I have to brake down this whole bike and find someone to paint for me and put everything back together with one foot. Good thing my ex stripper / model girlfriend will help me and do anything I ask. ITS GO TIME !!!

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
Good thing my ex stripper / model girlfriend will help me and do anything I ask. ITS GO TIME !!!
Dude, you might be the best thing since sliced bread to hit CF, but i dont need to know what/when/how/where your G/F did things!!!!, I've been there done that, but i dont feel the need to tell every one, on every post that i did it :doh:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
370steve.....Sorry if my excitement offends you. Its just that Ive been working for over half my life for this moment in my life and I have never been happier. And if one 16 word sentence out of a whole page puts you off soo much ... Dam bro I kinda feel a bit sorry for you.

(no offense intend)

Jay

1 - 20 of 46 Posts