Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a hyosung 125 that's going thru a lot of conversions but the thing I'm struggling with is the brake calipers are shot.

Iv done the usual troll ebay, Google searched but nothing really in the UK,

I did think about getting new Plates made up to allow me to fit brakes from another bikes, how easy is this? I'm not mechanically minded but I do have access to friends, mechanics and those in the metal trade.

Or does any one else by any chance know of brake calipers that could bolt straight in? I own the 2004 hyusung comet naked.

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Hey dude, I've got some upside down forks from a Hyosung that I'm fitting to my Yamaha. What do you mean by the brake calipers being shot? If they're not actually corroded or damaged internally, a good clean and a fresh set of seals will get them good as new. If not, I'm fitting some Triumph 2 pots to mine, using a piece of 6mm 6061 aluminium plate. All you really have to worry about is whether or not the calipers will still line up with the discs, something I can get away with because I've got such skinny wheels that the caliper mounts are way too offset. If you're willing, Yantosh (a member on here) is a filthy whinging pom and does excellent CNC machining. I can definitely vouch for his work. Good luck, any questions just ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts