Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
That 1 guy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I havent been on in a while. But I am going to be acquiring money for a bike at the end of this summer. I live in Idaho and I'm looking for a decent bike. Please help. :D:D:D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
That 1 guy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah nine months is a long wait but who knows I might actually be getting the money earlier then I said. I have been wanting to get a motorcycle for years so nine months won't feel that long.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
also some of your likes and dislikes? lets pretend this is an online motorcycle dating site. personally i like fuel injection, big motors in frames made for little ones. hydro clutches. and so on.

·
That 1 guy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a fairly new rider :rolleyes: I don't know a lot about motorcycles that is why I joined this forum so I could ask questions and get answers from people who know quite a bit. I would like something bigger than a 250, but I'm not sure I'm ready for a huge 1000cc bike. I like the fighter style and would prefer something already started down that path.:) thank you guys for helping

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Are you mechanically inclined? Do you like to tinker? Willing to learn?

You can pick up an older bike for next to nothing sometimes. An older CB, KZ, XS or something like that. Charging systems components on some of the older bikes can be pricey, but if you can buy an older bike running for $500 or so...well, that leaves cash for mods.

If you are wanting to go "streetfighter" don't get stuck in the mindset of needing a modern sportbike to pull that off. There's lots of '70's models bike that can be had for cheap that make awesome fighters when done. Go look at the current FOTM & FOTY threads for some really good examples.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts