Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

I find myself.........

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  skr00zloose 
#1 ·
...holding myself....LOL.....just kidding.

I find myself slipping more into the fighter theme, as I think about what I am gonna do with my fighter project. When I started thinking about this project, I had no doubts that I would use the standard pegs and clip ons, that I already have.

The more I think about what I wanna do, and browse vendor sites and what not, I get ideas..inspired if you will, based on what I see. One vendor, who makes some sick stuff, is inspiring two of my "new mod ideas"...which shall remain on the DL for now...but I am gonna make my own instead of buying, just due to the fact that I am the DougZ, and their prices are just waaaay too high for what the items are. When you see them on the bike, you'll be like.."oh, you bought them from so and so...", and I'll be like, " No I made them myself.....which really is the icing on the cake. :D

I am even looking up brass knuckles online and seeing where and how I can incorporate them into the build.....I am so Cliché...LOL.

#2 ·
DougZ said:
...holding myself....LOL.....just kidding.

I find myself slipping more into the fighter theme, as I think about what I am gonna do with my fighter project. When I started thinking about this project, I had no doubts that I would use the standard pegs and clip ons, that I already have.

The more I think about what I wanna do, and browse vendor sites and what not, I get ideas..inspired if you will, based on what I see. One vendor, who makes some sick stuff, is inspiring two of my "new mod ideas"...which shall remain on the DL for now...but I am gonna make my own instead of buying, just due to the fact that I am the DougZ, and their prices are just waaaay too high for what the items are. When you see them on the bike, you'll be like.."oh, you bought them from so and so...", and I'll be like, " No I made them myself.....which really is the icing on the cake. :D

I am even looking up brass knuckles online and seeing where and how I can incorporate them into the build.....I am so Cliché...LOL.
Dougzie! ...........You takin' godam drugzie! :D

Hell Mister, you such a strait laced sorta head on these forums I expect you checked out my Ebay post and "snarfed" jes' like the haelo.

I alays get a fun whacking for my garbled posts from the brotherhood, but I have to move with the times that are specific to me. You a lucky dude with engineering facilities close to hand, byut me bein a mere mortal tryin to put some butter on the bread, find me in a more ..ahem..mediaeval situation. I have to outsource to meet my criteria big time, instead of the luxury of a friendl;y workshop full of like minded souls.

You cool Dougz. I'm just tweakin' yer nose :letsride:

#3 ·
I hear ya DZ, my project started out just stripping the fairings and hiding the wires. $200-$300 tops, yeah right! then I found this place. now my bike is at the welders, my engine is on my workbench, and I'm glassing up a new front fender.... you guys are a bad influence :knucks:

#8 ·
rdannar said:
even if you have the cash (wich I don't), there is something about taking something and doing it yourself. I remember when peeps said to swap a swing arm of the same bike company, and I thought huh, no, Ima put on a different piece just to see if I can do it. can't wait to see what you come up with:D :party-smiley:
Yeah...someone has the sigline..."" I got more ideas than I got money"...me too. Ijust try to make low budget versions of my ideas. :rock:

#9 ·
DougZ said:
BB: ..LOL..I still have no idea what you are saying. LOL
Just when I thought I could understand BB's posts.....he posts that. :LolLolLolLol:

I'm in the exact same boat. I have way more ideas than money. In fact, I've done more to this bike (before ever riding it by the way) that I could have gone out and put more than 1/2 down on a nice new Triple. But at this point it's become an obsession.

#15 ·
Motorgasm73 said:
i have been printing his posts out, and sitting around trying to decifer them. It is a great game. I am however getting behind in my bike building with it taking so long....
hahahha, i used to work with a transplanted Brit, i guess i got used to the slang. Some of that Cockney still hurts me loaf though. :D

#17 ·
lol, i saw that before, all i could think was "i wanna ride that!:"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.