Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

so here is my zx9 project that i'm working on.

here is 15+ feet of citations

so i'm driving my project bike home and i get every know violation know to man. bike wasn't insured even, i was using another bikes tag, and to top it off my license expired.

i'm faced with incarceration, massive fines, and years lost on license.

all because i drove a project bike home. from what i'm told, its a corrupt area. face possibly having my entire life ruined and lively hood here.

was impounded, $200 right there.

thursday i'm getting my license renewed. the bike didn't have insurance because my company quoted me at $170 a month, so I was driving home and putting insurance on it that night.

and i might be facing more charges. no record whatsoever.

if i lose i'm on the first ticket out of this country.

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
So you drove illegally and got busted and...what? You want sympathy? You think the cops are crooked because of it?

Play by the rules or don't, it's your call. Just don't bitch if you get caught when you're not playing the game.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
wot tha fookinell!

how are gonna fight that roll of lordly paper shite mate? Be facin less charges iffya murdrd some twapt fer sure . GL and crossin al me fingers that ya get of lightly:knucks:

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
its not that bad. you will have to have an sr22 policy for 36 months after u get ur license back. that sucks alot because its fuck ton of money but its not the end of the world. im on the home stretch of my 36 months, less than a year left

almost same exact scenario. rode mine back 4+ hours and got rear ended in traffic less than 10 mins away form my house. no tags, no license, no insurance, non inspected or fully road legal bike.

you'll be fine.

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you drove illegally and got busted and...what? You want sympathy? You think the cops are crooked because of it?

Play by the rules or don't, it's your call. Just don't bitch if you get caught when you're not playing the game.
conform thought pattern detected, good luck in life you'll need it.

i play by the rules 99.9% of the time, even the cop knew i'd be legal next week. All they and most people care about is the paper chase. I'll write on the check, "officer &&&(#($# can suck my dick, write it for a few hundred more than they ask and watch them cash it. no repercussions.

least this didn't happen with my german gsxr.

Reactions: thaOrleanyte

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts

Don't really have anything to add to this conversation except for, repped...

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
All right, fuck it...

Always remember this. Police do not make the laws, they enforce them. The people who you vote for make the laws.

Go to court and plea your case. It is in your best interest so show some humility and admit that you fucked up. Don't go there with the attitude that this shit show is anyone else's fault, because it's not. I don't care if it's a G-D oscar winning performance of a lie. Let them know that you fucked up and you are accepting the consequences of your actions of that day. Let them know that you have learned from it and will make the changes necessary to not let it happen again.

These people see your case and your situation every single day. You are not special, your "Just because I drove a project bike home." defense will not work.

You fucked up. Admit to it and move on with your life...

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Always remember this. Police do not make the laws, they enforce them
In my area they are very choosy about what they feel like enforcing, hence my attitude towards them.

I once got pulled over and ticketed for an obstructed license plate...it was dirty. That's all. When I stopped for the officer I pulled in to a parking lot and stopped beside the car in this pic. Apparently it was completely safe to operate in this condition, whereas my gravel dusted tag decal was a threat to public safety.

I'm sorry, but fuck em. Enforce every infraction you see or go home. If you drive a service vehicle around here they will ticket your ass off because they know that guy doesn't have time to circle jerk in a court room. He has to go to work. Whereas the welfare slob driving this mobile landfill will never get looked at twice.

Like I said before. Better luck next time. Non - safety related issues could be shown some leniency, but that's where the easy money is.

Attachments

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
I got pulled over on the sporty about 20 miles from my home on the highway by a state trooper for essentially the same plate B.S.

It was at an angle that was too steep and made it hard for him to read. He lit me up and when he ask, "Do you know why I'm pulling you over?" I replied "No sir." He pointed at my plate and said, "I take personal offense to your plate being at that angle, the only people who do that are people who run from the police."

I was in a full camo army surplus store rain suit and had my mohawk at the time :D
He asked me if I was in the military and when I told him no he asked my why I was wearing that. I'm just like it's a really good rain suit that's all just trying to stay dry (it was raining out obv.)

Hadn't been pulled over in I couldn't even remember how long hadn't had a ticket in even longer, he came back from his car with a $120 (or so) ticket. Yeah it sucked having to pay but I wasn't going to take a day off work just to fight it.

I've had way, way, more positive encounters with police than bad ones. He could have let me go with a warning but he didn't, sucks but hey he doesn't have to let everyone go.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Does your state have the 24hr rule, where as long as you have the bill of sale. You can be in transport of a vehicle for up to 24 or 36 hrs without having it with all the proper identification. As long as you can prove you were in transport, it shouldn't be a big deal. Were you riding recklessly or a dick to the cop? Why did you get pulled over? You may want to get a lawyer. Cost you now, but it should be a easy case for them.

Reactions: oldrider

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Does your state have the 24hr rule, where as long as you have the bill of sale. You can be in transport of a vehicle for up to 24 or 36 hrs without having it with all the proper identification. As long as you can prove you were in transport, it shouldn't be a big deal. Were you riding recklessly or a dick to the cop? Why did you get pulled over? You may want to get a lawyer. Cost you now, but it should be a easy case for them.
i believe that is a meth good sir. i didnt think any state did that. however, some insurance providers will cover ur "transport" ride if u inform them before hand.

·
Rollin hard in Wiscompton
3,693 Posts
i believe that is a meth good sir. i didnt think any state did that. however, some insurance providers will cover ur "transport" ride if u inform them before hand.
Wi allows 48 hours before it has to be plated. I think this is mostly to allow for weekend purchases when the DMV isn't open.

·
☢
5,596 Posts
in MI we have i think 24 or 48 hours im pretty sure with the title and a bill of sale on ya

Like that time i perpetually bought a gs500 for two weeks straight....
In MI you can drive it without a plate with the old title from the place of purchase to the place of storage. Then have to title it within 72hrs. You also need proof of insurance.

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Yeah it sucked having to pay but I wasn't going to take a day off work just to fight it.
that right there is the very reason cops give out so many bull shit tickets. i betcha as soon as you took your helmet off he decided you were getting the ticket. why? because he saw you as just some punk kid that wasnt gonna take the time to fight it in court

·
Registered
740 Posts
that right there is the very reason cops give out so many bull shit tickets. i betcha as soon as you took your helmet off he decided you were getting the ticket. why? because he saw you as just some punk kid that wasnt gonna take the time to fight it in court
This is doubly true if when they look at your license they see you're not from the area. If it's local you're more likely to go to court and fight it, which requires the officer to appear with all their shit in order, and they don't want to go to court any more than you do.

I would definitely contact a lawyer that specializes in traffic violations. It might cost you $1500 or $2000 to retain a lawyer, but for something like this it's well worth it. I've seen lawyers really work wonders in traffic cases, some considerably worse than yours.

·
Operation Sketchy At Best
2,237 Posts
not as bad as you but i got pulled about a block for my house riding dirty, got a ton of tickets. Went to court and told the judge i was taking the bike out of my alley to move out front to be picked up. I was let off on warnings. I dont know if you were in close enough proximity to say the same but just saying what worked for me.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts