Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Suzuki SV1000s
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got my bike running again. Had to replace flywheel and stator. I went for a ride today with my buddy and of course we were on the throttle or maybe the BUT in the lower gears my bike started to bog down when I would get on the throttle. It would only happen for a second then it would open up. I was thinking maybe my fuel filter was dirty or maybe the fuel pump. Any ideas of what it might be????????????

·
Resident Shit Talker !
3,469 Posts
Sounds like a fuel issue. The pumps are pretty tuff units so I'd say dirty injectors or some other lag in the fuel system, maybe slack in the cable (unlikely) or just gulping too much air (or not enough). Check your air filter just as a preventative measure.

·
walkrndwtwood
1,038 Posts
1/2 a bottle with a full tank of premium. Ride it home and let it work it's magic. Then do the other 1/2 bottle on your 3rd tank. Give it a chance to work through the system.
^I wish people would do this and expect the longer turn around rather than oh say instant success.

·
Registered
2003 Suzuki SV1000s
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well the bike seems to running a little better but i checked the air filter and cleaned it but i noticed it smelled like gas. I had some crap ass plugs so i got rid of them. I just put the rest of the cleaner in yesterday but what else would cause gas to be on the filter like that

·
Resident Shit Talker !
3,469 Posts
Well the bike seems to running a little better but i checked the air filter and cleaned it but i noticed it smelled like gas. I had some crap ass plugs so i got rid of them. I just put the rest of the cleaner in yesterday but what else would cause gas to be on the filter like that
All it takes is the intake to "cough" and fuel will get on the filter, and given their proximity to each other I'd be surprised if it didn't have a little bit of a fuel smell to it.

·
Registered
2003 Suzuki SV1000s
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok theres something i forgot to mention if Im just cruising the bike is absolutely ok but as soon as I try to smash out and go full throttle is when it hiccups. It stutters so hard its almost like someone hits the brakes

1 - 20 of 32 Posts