Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
RyansToys
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys always just use the standard hose clamps? I think they look really unrefined and tasteless. Some of the OE ones at least look a bit nicer.

I have been off and on searching for replacements for awhile now. I like Tbolts a bit better, but for the smaller stuff on a motorcycle, the Tbolt gets quite large compared to the clamp.

Today I thought about a small CNC clamp with a single bolt. Then I thought about my mountain bike - seat clamp to be exact.

A local store sells these for $3 a pop. I need to measure up my hoses and try these.

Any other ideas? Suggestions?

They come in 31.8mm (which happens to be 1.25" almost perfectly). Also 1 1/8" and 1 3/8"

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts

·
RyansToys
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do really like the Clamptite unit, but... and one significant but is that... they aren't really reworkable. Ie if you break down now you are out wire...

I guess you could carry the tool and some wire for emergencies.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
I suppose so, but I wouldn't expect having the ability to re-use a hose to matter much on the road. Only time it came up for me was one cross country trip 20 years ago (driving a 1976 Econoline 350- oh god gas was cheap back then), where I needed to buy a new thermostat anyhow, so could have bought a hose clamp.

Clamptite & some wire would make a great tool for long-haul trips anyhow, given how versatile it is.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
we''l go halves and you can move into the finished attic in my place. ;)

cheap rent, greasy food, fast woman, loud music, long endlessly seeming windy roads and a bankrupt police force. i swear we are about 25 years away from full on mad max.

·
V-4 for 4 life
1,707 Posts
go look at Master-carr.com that should give you an idea of all they types available, T-Bolt clampswould be my favorite , if you get all stainless its a buy once item..

·
Registered
740 Posts
Oetiker clamps (the picture above) are nice, but they're pretty expensive, non-reuseable, and need a special tool to install correctly.

The EFI clamps are my choice. Any auto store has them and they don't pinch the hose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts